PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Montana!

shralper
10-02-11, 12:11 AM
Hey guys, recently got into crunching when I built my first computer about a month ago. Needless to say I really enjoy crunching and learning more about as computers.

A quick bit about me... I work as a wildland firefighter in the summer, and in the winter i'm a contract arborist.

I'm glad to be here and look forward to being part of the community, and learning more about the program.

zombie67
10-02-11, 12:45 AM
Awesome! How did you find out about BOINC? About this team?

shralper
10-02-11, 01:10 AM
Awesome! How did you find out about BOINC? About this team?

Originally i heard about group computing from a new article talking about the LHC program. At the time I was picking parts to build a computer and made a note to check it out when i got the computer running.

I found out about the team from the leader board after realizing the seti@home message boards aren't all that active. So I decided to find a more active group of crunchers, and here I am.

Beerdrinker
10-02-11, 01:44 AM
Hello there.

WELCOME to the team!

spingadus
10-02-11, 03:33 AM
Welcome!

Fire$torm
10-02-11, 04:50 AM
Great stuff there shralper. Nice to meet ya. If you have any questions or need a little help we're here to assist.

Mike029
10-02-11, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the team!!! Very interesting story. Glad to have you with us. Take a look around, lots more projects to crunch. :)

c303a
10-02-11, 09:53 AM
Welcome and as said before, if you have questions we probably have the answers. Glad to have you with us.

Crazybob's Son
10-02-11, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the team! Glad you found your way here.

Fogle
10-03-11, 06:32 AM
Welcome Sharpler, glad you found us, WOW sounds like some exciting stuff you do there. Be safe and see you arounds the boards. :D

Crazybob
10-03-11, 03:20 PM
Welcome aboard Sharpler! Glad you found us.

Duke of Buckingham
10-03-11, 04:55 PM
When this thing got crazy with the software is only the put one more post and everything goes on trails. I dont know why.

Be most welcome Sharpler.

http://a454.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/l_4d76bbb1a098a4f6bfb968a30dc3cb9d.jpg

Duke of Buckingham
10-03-11, 05:04 PM
It was not very well explained when the post dont appear and it is stucked returning always to the thread. I dont know why but is only to make a new post and everything goes normal. This time was Crazybob post that was giving the problem. I dont know if I could explain this very well at least I tried.

Duke

Fire$torm
10-04-11, 01:13 AM
It was not very well explained when the post dont appear and it is stucked returning always to the thread. I dont know why but is only to make a new post and everything goes normal. This time was Crazybob post that was giving the problem. I dont know if I could explain this very well at least I tried.

Duke

Allow me to describe, with inaccurate terms what is happening.
All posts are recorded in the database and an "Unread flag" created for each user on the forum. When a user clicks on a link to a thread to read it, the flag in the DB for that user is updated to "Read". The error here is that the "Unread" flag for a particular post/thread is not being correctly updated so when you try to see new posts the database still thinks you have not seen the older ones and takes you to the wrong place.

OK BOK & CP.... Don't shoot me, plz :P

Duke of Buckingham
10-04-11, 06:46 AM
Thanks F$. :D Dont need more explanation.b-( I am good enough with this one:p

DrPop
10-13-11, 07:59 AM
Hello from SoCal! Great to have you with us, and I hope you enjoy being a member of SETI.USA! :D