PDA

View Full Version : Fun fact: Boinking is more fun than BOINCing.

Maxwell
10-09-11, 12:43 AM
I figure I should signal my return with a terribly controversial statement: sex is more fun that BOINC.

When last I left, I was heading home because my grandmother passed away. She did. And successfully, I might add. But that's not the point.

While I was home, the lady with whom I had been chatting was there. We (re)kindled up a romance, and have been seeing each other ever since. Even better, she lives somewhat near to me, so I'm actually able to see her on a semi-regular basis.

Hell yeah.

So, that's where I've been. Seeing her. And since that is so much more fun than futzing with computers, when the two clashed, I'm sure you figured out which one went by the wayside.

Anyway, if there's anything I really need to know about projects and where to move my machines (I have my cores on Yafu right now), let me know.

Duke of Buckingham
10-09-11, 07:56 AM
http://www.freewallpapersdb.com/wallpapers/full/drawings-wallpapers-766739532.jpg

Boinkincing is so damn good. Come on, Dont do it alone she is available...

Mike029
10-09-11, 09:05 AM
Glad to hear all is well. REALLY well for you. :p All good news my friend.

Fire$torm
10-09-11, 04:16 PM
Glad to hear all is well. REALLY well for you. :p All good news my friend.

Affirmative!!!

Maxwell
10-10-11, 12:50 AM
Yeah. I'm pretty happy. Yay for acquiring a "She who must be obeyed." I'm a fan. Glad to be back!

Mike029
10-10-11, 10:08 AM
Yeah. I'm pretty happy. Yay for acquiring a "She who must be obeyed." I'm a fan. Glad to be back!

Let's see if you try that dishwasher $hit now big boy. :)) You have joined the ranks of "Men who are tamed". b-(

I sense a much different approach to gift giving is in your future. Man I wish Joker was here to see this. You'd never live it down. LOL.

Fire$torm
10-10-11, 12:02 PM
Let's see if you try that dishwasher $hit now big boy. :)) You have joined the ranks of "Men who are tamed". b-(

I sense a much different approach to gift giving is in your future. Man I wish Joker was here to see this. You'd never live it down. LOL.

=)) =)) X_X X_X :o) :o) =D> =D>

Maxwell
10-12-11, 03:49 AM

I need to buy her a damn dishwasher. When I'm over there, her dishwasher is shaped remarkably like me and called Maxwell. There might be more time for Boinking and BOINCing if I buy her a dishwasher...

Fire$torm
10-12-11, 04:09 AM
I need to buy her a damn dishwasher. When I'm over there, her dishwasher is shaped remarkably like me and called Maxwell. There might be more time for Boinking and BOINCing if I buy her a dishwasher...

Sooooo, she has an automaton she calls Maxell? Is it fully functional like Data? =)) =))

Mike029
10-12-11, 09:02 AM

No no no that's not not the real Maxwell WE know. That's Bitch-well. L-) I'm damn glad you have found that special person in your life.

We tamed and domesticated men love the company. >:)

Cruncher Pete
10-12-11, 05:56 PM

Funny about that. Ever since our Dishwasher broke down, I volunteered to replace it to save money. It did earn me some Brownie points and extra Boinking time. Not only that, with the money saved, I was able to update my farm giving me extra Boincing ability.;)

Keep on crunching and have a nice day...
CP.

DrPop
10-12-11, 06:46 PM
@Maxwell - Dude, welcome to the dishwasher CLUB! I am sooooo glad to read this thread! Keep on BOINCing...er...Boinking I mean. :D :)) ;)

Crazybob's Son
10-12-11, 08:33 PM

So I have to ask, is it an energy star equipped appliance? Is there special settings to get that day old dry stuck on food off?

Congrats on the boinking and boinc when you can :D

Maxwell
10-13-11, 12:30 AM
@Fire - I wish I were as useful as Data. I wash dishes and make snarky comments about how I'm a good housewife. Then she slaps me. :cool:
@Mike - Bitchwell is not inaccurate. And I like that name...
@CP - You, sir, are a thinker. I shall raise my next glass in your honor...
@Pop - Any homophone of "Boink" is fun (though some more than others...)
@CBS - Actually, yes. The special setting is called "all liquored up and alone". Fun, but not my personal favorite setting...

Maxwell
01-12-12, 03:04 AM
I was totally going to start a new thread until I stumbled across this one. So I'm updating on myself here...

Boinking is still more fun than BOINCing. FYI.

Update on me:
- Moving in with the lady aforementioned. Pretty happy about that.
- This will take me to Louisville and the Eastern Time Zone. That freaks me out a bit.
- I've (shockingly) convinced her that BOINCing is a worthwhile cause (WCG was my selling point), so I can keep BOINCing on the machines while I'm there.
- I flew home for 1.5 weeks to help care for my Pa while he got a hip replacement.
- 36 hours after I back to my place, Ma broke her ankle.
- I was told not to fly back home to help.
- I've made fun of my mother for this decision.
- I came for Xmas, helped out where I could. I was successful in that.
- I'm back and ready to move. Ma and Pa are doing well.
- I'm still MMing.
- I'm just MMing on low-paying projects (e.g., WCG)

There you go. I hope all is well with y'all!

I'll do a much more diligent job checking in here. I feel like I should kick my own ass.

Cruncher Pete
01-12-12, 03:21 AM
You Sir are a thinker. Boinking and BOINCING are both very healthy endeavors. Thank you for your insight and I hope that by now your family is on the mend. Good luck with your new lady, I am envious and wish I was young again.

Fire$torm
01-12-12, 04:06 AM
You Sir are a thinker. Boinking and BOINCING are both very healthy endeavors. Thank you for your insight and I hope that by now your family is on the mend. Good luck with your new lady, I am envious and wish I was young again.

I couldn't say it any better and I am glad to see you on the boards! Have as much fun as you can stand.

Slicker
01-12-12, 10:00 AM
This will take me to Louisville and the Eastern Time Zone. That freaks me out a bit.

There's nothin' better than a 18yr old........

(get your mind out of the gutter!!!) Elijah Craig. Oh to live soooooo close to the boubon trail.

Mike029
01-12-12, 10:11 AM
Lots of good stuff and some not so good. Happy their feeling better. Eastern time zone is not too bad. We get all the holidays first.

I hope that the above means the Silver hammer may come out of retirement. I've actually got something to compete with it. But if your the kind of guy who likes to drive your Ferrari 30 mph to save gas, I'll understand. =))

Glad you stopped in. Happy New Year bud.

Slicker
01-12-12, 10:21 AM
But if your the kind of guy who likes to drive your Ferrari 30 mph to save gas, I'll understand. =))

But if he's moving in with her, think of all the gas money he'll save now that he's no longer commuting to do dishes. That can all be spent on electricity instead!

DrPop
01-12-12, 11:38 AM
But if he's moving in with her, think of all the gas money he'll save now that he's no longer commuting to do dishes. That can all be spent on electricity instead!

Hahaha! :)):D So true! And, with all that Boinking and BOINCing going on, they'll hardly need to turn up the heat this winter, so even more coin saved to run that Silver tongued devil of a Hammer! :D
Really, really awesome to see you back, Max. You just barely missed a sweet challenge, but I'm sure you will be all ready for the next one! ;)

Crazybob
01-12-12, 03:59 PM
I'll do a much more diligent job checking in here. I feel like I should kick my own ass.

Was wondering what happened to you. What is the Governor of Illinois going to do without your taxes pouring in? He'll have to borrow more from China so they can keep hiring people to look into the budget shortfalls.:D

Better start looking for a stiff boot or check back in more often!

Maxwell
01-13-12, 03:36 AM
So, fun fact about the lady: she can't sleep without white noise on in the background. What I heard is that she needs the ATI cards running at full blast in the bedroom (which is REALLY cold in the winter). I can help with that...

It's good to be back! Never stopped crunching, but missed the boards. I'm hearing awesome things about what's going on here, so that's really sweet! Hooray!

Mike029
01-17-12, 10:27 AM
So, fun fact about the lady: she can't sleep without white noise on in the background. What I heard is that she needs the ATI cards running at full blast in the bedroom (which is REALLY cold in the winter). I can help with that...

It's good to be back! Never stopped crunching, but missed the boards. I'm hearing awesome things about what's going on here, so that's really sweet! Hooray!

We are working on it. Going in the right direction. Stop in when you have the time. I'm glad the hear she needs the Silver Hammer humming to help her sleep. :-bd Perhaps a new build may be in order for her? >:)

Mumps
01-17-12, 08:11 PM
We are working on it. Going in the right direction. Stop in when you have the time. I'm glad the hear she needs the Silver Hammer humming to help her sleep. :-bd Perhaps a new build may be in order for her? >:)

So, the Silver Hammer needs a companion. The Silver Hummer. :rolleyes:

Maxwell
01-18-12, 12:51 AM
Wasn't that the nickname for Mike's mom?

Fire$torm
01-18-12, 02:17 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mike029
01-18-12, 06:31 AM
:-|:-|:-|=))=))