PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas

pecosriverm
10-16-11, 03:51 PM
Just joined your team over at Yafu. Cruncher Pete stopped by Base Camp and asked for some help there.

I also am here for just a couple of days.

Vacation starts soon :cool:

DrPop
10-16-11, 10:04 PM
A big howdy back at ya from SoCal! Thanks for the shout out and the help on the race to #1the there. We can sure use all we can get...please tell all your BaseCamp buddies we are very grateful for the assistance while C.P. is out! :)

pecosriverm
10-16-11, 11:58 PM
I've got some questions about these wu's. Where would I go to read up on them(errors, runtime, etc).

spingadus
10-17-11, 12:51 AM
Wonderful! Thanks for the help!

Orakk
10-17-11, 01:45 AM
Vacation starts soon :cool:

Don't know much about Texas. Hows the fishing in your neck of the woods? :">

Crazybob's Son
10-17-11, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the team! Glad to have you here even if it is only temporary. Although it'd be awesome if you decided to stay permanently :D

DrPop
10-17-11, 11:57 AM
RE: the WU issues...man, I don't know what to tell you about this YAFU project. The whole thing is nuts to me. Credits are all over the place (good and bad), WUs just error out for no reason on my big rig...I don't get it at all. I wish there was something I could tell you. Somebody like Mad Matt might know more about all this...

TLD
10-17-11, 01:16 PM
RE: the WU issues...man, I don't know what to tell you about this YAFU project. The whole thing is nuts to me. Credits are all over the place (good and bad), WUs just error out for no reason on my big rig...I don't get it at all. I wish there was something I could tell you. Somebody like Mad Matt might know more about all this...

So i'm not the only one, i started a thread over at YAFU about this. i have WU's that are still running after 8hr's, they show 0 time remaining but 0 progress also, are these likely to just error out or will they eventually finish.

pecosriverm
10-17-11, 01:16 PM
Don't know much about Texas. Hows the fishing in your neck of the woods? :">

Depends on what your after. Deep Sea(Gulf Coast), Catfish, Bass, etc.(lakes), about the only ones I don't know of are trout and those Eskimo fish (Pike, Sturgeon,etc.)

I'm more into the shooting sports.:-B

pecosriverm
10-17-11, 01:18 PM
So i'm not the only one, i started a thread over at YAFU about this. i have WU's that are still running after 8hr's, they show 0 time remaining but 0 progress also, are these likely to just error out or will they eventually finish.

What I've noticed is they either error real fast or run to completion. {But what do I know}:-s

Crazybob
10-17-11, 01:58 PM
Thanks for helping out!;)

sujo1
10-17-11, 04:16 PM

Ok,I downloaded a buch of work units but, they all seem to go on&on after so called completion time. Rebooted my comp and checked boinc and the offenders seemed to disapper will watch the next batch. If the issue does not resolve itself will abort and go to another project. To many fish in the sea to try but lose cpu cycles to a bum program.

TLD
10-17-11, 04:27 PM
Just got an answer at YAFU about these WU's they can take up to 24Hr's depending on your hardware and the 0% is nothing to worry about.

sujo1
10-17-11, 06:02 PM
Ok fine, will see how they run on the beasty.b-)

Have another quad if things work out.

Orakk
10-18-11, 12:51 AM
Depends on what your after. Deep Sea(Gulf Coast), Catfish, Bass, etc.(lakes), about the only ones I don't know of are trout and those Eskimo fish (Pike, Sturgeon,etc.)

I'm more into the shooting sports.:-B
Groovy, am into a bit of seasonal shooting myself working with farmers in cleansing the rogue domestic cat population does wreck & kill native creatures. Mostly I really do enjoy disappearing into the bush for a couple of weeks.

:cool:

pecosriverm
10-19-11, 12:32 AM
As the saying goes: "Sorry to eat and run".

Vacation starts Wed. and I'll be away max. 10 days (hopefully less if I can bag a Big Muley).
If this is still goin I'll pick it back up.

\m/

~o)
<):)

DrPop
10-19-11, 12:52 AM
Sounds good. Thanks for the help already and enjoy the vacation! Best of luck on a trophy rack!:cool: :D

Mike029
10-19-11, 08:43 AM
Enjoy your time away. I'm sure they'll be some work left when ya get back. Thanks again for the help.b-)

TLD
10-19-11, 11:17 AM
Good luck on the hunt pecos, and thanks for coming over.