PDA

View Full Version : My Gigabyte HD5870 crapped out

DrPop
10-24-11, 01:12 PM
Ah, sorry for my low score the last couple days, guys. My CPUs are on Mike's YAFU, so it looks like I'm doing zero...but I am actually crunching CPU only at least.
My last nice card, the Gigabyte HD 5870 just crapped out - it's a dual fan setup and one of the fans quit working apparently, and it overheated the card. Lasted about 10 months crunching DNETC / MW nearly 24/7. I am waiting on RMA # from them and then I will send it in under warranty. Hopefully all goes well on the replacement thing.
Until then, I will have very little credit output unless my Bro. gets back from his trip early and turns on the rig with the HD5830 we built him.
Thanks for your patience...

Fire$torm
10-24-11, 01:54 PM
Yo Doc, PM your info to me so that I can throw some cards on your account when I get back home. Uncle is getting blood drawn for his surgery tomorrow.

Mike029
10-29-11, 06:56 PM
Ah, sorry for my low score the last couple days, guys. My CPUs are on Mike's YAFU, so it looks like I'm doing zero...but I am actually crunching CPU only at least.
My last nice card, the Gigabyte HD 5870 just crapped out - it's a dual fan setup and one of the fans quit working apparently, and it overheated the card. Lasted about 10 months crunching DNETC / MW nearly 24/7. I am waiting on RMA # from them and then I will send it in under warranty. Hopefully all goes well on the replacement thing.
Until then, I will have very little credit output unless my Bro. gets back from his trip early and turns on the rig with the HD5830 we built him.

Thanks for your patience...

How did you make out Jed? If still a problem, I'll drop my 5870 on your MOO. Let me know.

DrPop
10-30-11, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the concern and help - F$ actually has given me quite a boost here, so I wouldn't be at zero. I now have my bro's HD 5830 and both of our 6 cores plus a 2 core lappy at my office for a total of 14 cores + the 5830 on Collatz. I told F$ he could take some of his power back now, but it was nice not to be at zero! X_X

I'll let everyone know how the Gigabyte service is...not sure how long it will take them, I'll bet they just got the card in the mail anyway.:p