PDA

View Full Version : 2011-10-31 07:13 UTC quick update

RSS
10-31-11, 03:28 AM
CPU only work is being handed out right now. (It's 02:13 here and I have work in the morning so I'll save the more detailed post for later). We essentially resolved major issues like data corruption on uploads, down to up to 4k WUs marked invalid and possibly will be marked valid when a valid result is return, and have a large backlog of assimilation and perfecting. We focused a lot of efforts on the scheduler, feeder, work generator, validator, etc. which are the pieces that directly impact crunchers *but* increasing multi-TB build up from those optimizations means that the assimilator and the perfecting runs have room for improvement and a backlog of some ~200k WUs. We have work already ready to be queued with the flip of a flag but have around 6TB of data to get processed before we can release more work. We delayed in any status updates as we hoped to have some sort of time line but it seems better now to at least keep communication flowing even if we cannot give any exact time line. We aren't going away but just have large backlogs. The majority of the data on the table progress page refers to tables that have completed generation but need assimilation, perfecting, and conversion. I'll try to provide a better update with more details within the next 24 hours.

More... (http://boinc.freerainbowtables.com/distrrtgen/forum_thread.php?id=60)