PDA

View Full Version : Something up with primegrid?

shralper
11-09-11, 12:45 AM
I checked my computer before going to sleep and both my gpu's were sitting idle... Prime grid hasn't sent me any work units recently and I ran through my stockpile of WU's. I checked the PG site and it says everything is running... I've got my computer running MW in the mean time but anyone else having problems?

spingadus
11-09-11, 01:06 AM
I haven't noticed anything. My GPUs are getting PG pps tasks.

Fire$torm
11-09-11, 01:40 AM
I haven't noticed anything. My GPUs are getting PG pps tasks.

Same here for the moment. I have noticed that with a few projects like PG I need to reboot my systems to fill my cache. Usually happens were I'm going through wu's fast. But it is very sporadic and happens mainly with my desktop.

STE\/E
11-09-11, 04:13 AM
PrimrGrid has been off & on the Fritz for about a week now, I've been having connection problems almost every day, also the Validator has been behind for awhile now as I have Pendings building up ...

shralper
11-09-11, 11:16 AM
PrimrGrid has been off & on the Fritz for about a week now, I've been having connection problems almost every day, also the Validator has been behind for awhile now as I have Pendings building up ...

I have noticed connection problems the last few days and I have a bunch of pending PG credit as well. At least the connection problems aren't my terrible internet connection haha.

But everything seemed to be fine this morning, except for about a few PG tasks waiting to transfer. Not sure what was up last night but I increased the amount of PG work I keep on my computer just in case. I hate seeing my GPU's sit idle ;)

Mike029
11-09-11, 12:55 PM
I have noticed connection problems the last few days and I have a bunch of pending PG credit as well. At least the connection problems aren't my terrible internet connection haha.

But everything seemed to be fine this morning, except for about a few PG tasks waiting to transfer. Not sure what was up last night but I increased the amount of PG work I keep on my computer just in case. I hate seeing my GPU's sit idle ;)

I was seeing the same problem. I even went to my backup, GPUgrid. I also increased the work I get from them and have plenty.:cool:

STE\/E
11-09-11, 03:02 PM
They seemed to pick up after they were down for a extended period yesterday afternoon ...

shralper
11-09-11, 03:37 PM
They seemed to pick up after they were down for a extended period yesterday afternoon ...

Yep everything's running smooth for me now. I'm glad we didn't loose PG and Dirt at the same time.

DAD
11-09-11, 06:07 PM
PG keeps going online and offline... and often timing out on WU uploads. I told my machines to get 1 day of advance work so that way there's no idle time when they go down.... but PG won't even give me a full 24hrs of GPU work due to the sub proj I'm working on.. my PCs do the WUs in 1.75-8mins depending on the GPU in them.. and PG limits the # of Wus you can have at once :)

I'm just crunching PG for the badge as something to do b4 vacation... Once I get back from vacation, I'll target my machines to help us keep our rank(s) in various project(s)

STE\/E
11-09-11, 07:13 PM
PG keeps going online and offline... and often timing out on WU uploads. I told my machines to get 1 day of advance work so that way there's no idle time when they go down.... but PG won't even give me a full 24hrs of GPU work due to the sub proj I'm working on.. my PCs do the WUs in 1.75-8mins depending on the GPU in them.. and PG limits the # of Wus you can have at once :)

I'm just crunching PG for the badge as something to do b4 vacation... Once I get back from vacation, I'll target my machines to help us keep our rank(s) in various project(s)

Almost all if not all the Wu's from PG have a limit on how many you can have Cached, even the PPSieve Wu's will only get you about 12 Hr's work at the most for the faster Cards ...

DAD
11-10-11, 12:56 AM
Almost all if not all the Wu's from PG have a limit on how many you can have Cached, even the PPSieve Wu's will only get you about 12 Hr's work at the most for the faster Cards ...

Yep that seems to be the cap.. if I tell boinc to go beyond .5 days, PG gives me WUs then tells me I can't get anymore LOL.