PDA

View Full Version : POEM: GPU app infos

RSS
11-16-11, 11:41 AM
The GPU parts of POEM++ are mostly finished, we are now working on packaging everything to send it out. However there were many small issues due to the fact, that the OpenCL libraries cannot be statically linked. We think these are sorted out now. This pushed us back by about 1 week in our schedule. We are now estimating Thursday in one week (24.11) as the release date of the first OpenCL linux app. Thanks for waiting. Deutsch: Die GPU Teile von POEM++ sind soweit fertig programmiert und wir arbeiten nun daran alles für BOINC fertig zu verpacken. Hierbei kamen mehrere kleine Probleme auf, weil OpenCL nicht statisch gelinkt wird. Das sollte nun behoben sein. Leider hat uns das etwa 1 Woche in unserm Plan zurückgeworfen; Der momentan angepeilte Release ist der 24.11 für die erste Linux Applikation. Danke fürs Warten!

More... (http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/forum_thread.php?id=607)

zombie67
11-16-11, 02:21 PM
Sweet! I am sure the credits won't compare to PG or DistrRTGen. I think they recently changed to CreditNew with the upgrade of their server. Still, it is nice having more option.

Fire$torm
11-16-11, 05:22 PM
yep, It should make for a decent backup GPU project. And even with CreditNew, it will still be a nice benefit for MM crunchers.

STE\/E
11-16-11, 06:11 PM
Keep us updated when the GPU App comes out, I'll run a few anyway ...