PDA

View Full Version : Blank fields when responding to threads...

Beerdrinker
11-18-11, 07:50 AM
Hey guys..

I got a REALLY annoying problem:

This is how my box looks like when I am replying to something. Am I missing something here?? It donīt seem to help to use other themes...

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Beerdrinker
11-18-11, 08:04 AM
I just tested the water a little....It seems that only some of our themes has that problem. I am currently using the DarkVision Theme...But if I choose the default, SETI.USA or BlackStealth itīs A-OK....

Bok
11-18-11, 09:50 AM
The themes likely need updating updating due to recent updates. Might want to hold off as there is a new version out 4.1.8 that I need to apply at some point soon. (it's on my TODO list :) )

Bok

Beerdrinker
11-18-11, 11:05 AM
The themes likely need updating updating due to recent updates. Might want to hold off as there is a new version out 4.1.8 that I need to apply at some point soon. (it's on my TODO list :) )

Bok

Thks BOK.

I am just now testing other themes, to see which one will fit these old eyes the best...;)

Fire$torm
11-18-11, 12:54 PM

Bok

BOK, is there a tutorial on manually editing theme elements for vbulletin? I'm sure that with some practice I could figure out how to fix that sort of thing. Might take me a couple of weeks but it would be worth the effort.

Bok
11-18-11, 01:58 PM
Probably. I haven't really done them either to be honest. Though a couple of the other admins at Free-DC have (Gopher and AMDave). I'm sure there will be something at the vbulletin site.

However, I think you just go into the theme and it shows the errors that need adjusting/reverting, so it's not too difficult.

I'll try and get 4.1.8 in this afternoon, then you can give it a go. If you hit any problems I can help and/or get the other guys to help out.

Bok

Fire$torm
11-18-11, 03:21 PM
That would be great. Yahoooo, time to learn some new stuff :D