PDA

View Full Version : SHIT...Looks like I need a another fan...!

Beerdrinker
11-19-11, 09:11 AM
Man I got scared today....

My lovely almost noiseless system made a blank grey screen on me...Luckily while I where surfing around...

My Ati card is passive cooled, and the system has only 1 (!) 120mm fan besides the one in the PSU.

After checking the ati control panel I found the card running at 97 degrees Celsius...Canīt really blame anyone...I knew that it was bound to happen at some point when doing Moo..(it a hot-running project!!)

Switching to Collatz for the time being, since that will help my card drop 5-7*C..

[Beerdrinker off to locate a fan in his scrap...]

Crazybob
11-19-11, 03:00 PM
It sucks that these cards run so hot! Hope you find a fan that will work for you. Good Luck!

DrPop
11-19-11, 03:47 PM
Did you put the new quad core CPU in there too? Going from a dual core CPU to a quad, and switching to Moo! might have raised the temps just enough...
These GPUs are rated to something insane like 106C, so I doubt you damaged anything, but it's enough to scare ya! :) I I like to run my GPUs not too much above 80C ... and lower is better, but i've got the hog in the back room of the office, so I crank the fans to insane noise levels and shut the door. :D

Duke of Buckingham
11-19-11, 04:56 PM
I have a lot of Fans :o

http://0.tqn.com/d/raleighdurham/1/7/y/A/-/-/Fans-cheer-for-the-Duke-Blue-Devils-against-the-Florida-State-Seminoles.jpg

Duke :p

DrPop
11-19-11, 05:06 PM
LOL! =))........:D

Mike029
11-20-11, 10:01 PM
HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAH.. DUKE!! You thread theif!!! Duke U is going to sue you. Man you need to move to the states with all these fans you have.