PDA

View Full Version : Getting Incorrect Password

totally_trek
11-28-11, 01:09 PM
Sporatically throughou the day, I get an error about the provided PW being incorrect. Closing the connected client and reconnecting resolves the error. This occurs several times a day.

Mike029
11-28-11, 02:17 PM
Sporatically throughou the day, I get an error about the provided PW being incorrect. Closing the connected client and reconnecting resolves the error. This occurs several times a day.

I've not seen that before. Are you using Bam or some other managing program?

Fire$torm
11-28-11, 02:20 PM

I presume you are referring to BOINC Manager (BM)? This happens when BM cannot read the password file "gui_rpc_auth.cfg" in the BOINC data directory. This applies to the "Local" host, the system BM is running on as well as any remote hosts you have BM connected to.

The problem could be related to the hosts hard drive being fragmented. Run a defrag utility on the drive/partition were the BOINC data folder is stored. I like Auslogic's Free Disk Defrag (Link (http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/)). It can defrag and optimize any Windows partition.

totally_trek
11-28-11, 02:51 PM
Defragged... I will see if that works. I was overdue to defrag this machine. TY for the suggestion.