PDA

View Full Version : Back after years away...

ewbeeson
12-07-11, 08:58 PM
A number of years ago, when in Boulder Colorado, I crunched for SETI shortly after it became available as a screen saver. Great to discover that it is still happening and to be back on board. Love the project.

Mesa Verde out my front door and SETI on the screen!

Eric
Mancos, CO

Fire$torm
12-07-11, 09:11 PM
Welcome aboard. Look around, kick the tires and enjoy.

If you have questions or comments please post. We are always glad to help and chat.

Cruncher Pete
12-07-11, 09:12 PM
Welcome aboard Eric. Glad you found us again. Enjoy your stay.

Philadelphia
12-07-11, 09:16 PM
Welcome and enjoy your crunching.

A great bunch of folks here if you have any questions, hardware, software or otherwise.

Dan/Philly

Mike029
12-07-11, 09:21 PM
Welcome home. Too bad Seti has not had steady work. Make sure you pick your second favorite project as a backup. If you need some suggestions take a look around or just ask. ;)

spingadus
12-07-11, 09:44 PM
Welcome!

Mesa Verde? That is so cool. I was just there this summer.

coronicus
12-07-11, 11:52 PM
Thats how i got started and welcome to the team...

Beerdrinker
12-08-11, 01:02 AM
WELCOME to the team!!

DrPop
12-08-11, 11:34 AM
Great to have you back, Eric! My bro lives in Denver, and we're all heading out there for Christmas, so we'll be somewhat close to your stomping grounds. ;)
As Mike said, SETI is fun for a lot of crunchers still, but please do pick a backup project because they are having lots of downtime these days. If you need help on how to do that, or suggestions, please let us know!
Again, welcome to the team, I am glad you found your way home. :)

Crazybob
12-08-11, 12:16 PM
Welcome back to crunch'n Eric! Glad you found your way here. Let us know what we can do to help you out.

c303a
12-08-11, 12:46 PM
Welcome back. I also crunched the old Seti from May 99 until Boinc took over. Don't be a stranger around the boards and make sure you set your computer up to crunch Freehal@home, Surveill@home, and wuprop@home. These are non-cpu intensive project and can be run along with Seti or any other project you like. They will add to your cred as well as the teams.