PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the CS:S love?

DrPop
12-08-11, 03:12 AM
Anyone else beside me consider Counter Strike, and especially Counter Strike Source one of the best games of all time? :D

Fire$torm
12-08-11, 02:32 PM
Anyone else beside me consider Counter Strike, and especially Counter Strike Source one of the best games of all time? :D

Ha! de_Dust, de_Dust2, fy_Iceworld, cs_Office, de_Aztec, de_Prodigy, cs_Italy, cs_Assault, de_Vertigo, awp_Heat, and cs_Estate are among my favorite CS maps. You just had to get me started......... :D

coronicus
12-08-11, 03:06 PM
Oh my of all the lan parties i used to attend that was the favorite of em all...

spingadus
12-08-11, 03:51 PM
Oh man, the memories. I used to pay for hours.

And yes I was an awp whore and constantly got banned even though I never cheated.

Fire$torm
12-08-11, 06:00 PM
Oh man, the memories. I used to pay for hours.

And yes I was an awp whore and constantly got banned even though I never cheated.

HACKSORE!!!! LOL j/k. I have a friend who used to get consistent headshots with a Deagle (aka Desert Eagle). He could only play on servers run by people that knew he didn't cheat because all the mambie pambies would cry hacker. His Nick was OnesHot IIRC.

spingadus
12-08-11, 06:08 PM
Yeah, there were definitely some really awesome players and you usually could tell who was wallhacking and who had an aimbot just by the way that they played. Took me about an hour to warm up and then I would get into 'the zone' and go like 30-2. I tried playing not too long ago, but I just didn't have it anymore and got pnwed.

Fire$torm
12-08-11, 06:22 PM
I know how you feel. I played very little CS in the last year and a half. Started playing a LOT of Day of Defeat aka DoD (That WWII mod of Half-Life), then last May started playing WoT World of Tanks exclusively. I love mechanized warfare.

DrPop
12-09-11, 02:05 PM
There is a set of servers I still like to play, run by -eGO- and they have a sweet level that one of their guys made called "high school". They also have a good Office and Dust2 server. I don't get on much any more, especially with no rigs at the house, but every once in a while . . . I get the feeling I need to go blast some Terrorists out of the water, LOL! :D

So...if I like CS:S, what would be another good game to try one of these days?:confused:

Fire$torm
12-09-11, 03:07 PM
There is a set of servers I still like to play, run by -eGO- and they have a sweet level that one of their guys made called "high school". They also have a good Office and Dust2 server. I don't get on much any more, especially with no rigs at the house, but every once in a while . . . I get the feeling I need to go blast some Terrorists out of the water, LOL! :D

So...if I like CS:S, what would be another good game to try one of these days?:confused:

Well, Day of Defeat. The play action is somewhat different. For one there is a stamina meter so jumping and sprinting will burn through it and you have to slow down to allow it to recharge. No flash bangs (they didn't exist during WWII). Weapon action mimics RL better than CS. Example: the sniper rifle wavers just a tad in scope view. DoD does have something CS doesn't... Machine Guns!!! The Axis have two, with one of spitting out rounds like the A-10 Warthog, and the Allies have the Browning .30 Cal. Also unlike CS switching to a heavier weapon doesn't reduce your speed.

Another good one is CoD:MW but since its not a Half-Life mod its not free.

spingadus
12-09-11, 05:45 PM
I think I'm going to pretend this thread doesn't exist or I may find that I suddenly have no more free time.

DrPop
12-10-11, 01:52 PM
I think I'm going to pretend this thread doesn't exist or I may find that I suddenly have no more free time.

Haha! I was just wondering when I could sneak off to try that new one F$ was talking about myself. :D

E-30
09-18-13, 10:17 PM
anyone what to play with my i am selfridge200 on cs sorce

Fire$torm
09-19-13, 03:53 PM
I've not gone source yet as I haven't been playing the older HL mods, CS & DoD, much at all lately....

Edit: And the reason? WoT. Finally have my first tier 9, the Russian ST-1. Still grinding for the tier 10 gun and tracks. It's gonna take awhile...