PDA

View Full Version : Why are the new members not signing up for the Team Only forum?

DrPop
12-08-11, 11:29 AM
Hello all, especially the new members,
I'm hoping you can help me out with a bit of an administrative dilemma. Is there any reason in particular that most of the new team members are not signing up for the Members Only Forum?

Our last request to join was from Gopher, and that was quite a while ago. We would love to have all of you on board there, because that is where we discuss team things, projects, and especially challenges, such as the WCG Challenge going on now for the next week.

Is there any way we can make it easier for you all to join, or any kind of incentive we need to lay out there or anything?
Thank you for your time and helping me understand the situation.
Sincerely,
Pops

Crazybob
12-08-11, 12:19 PM
Didn't think about it. Will add it to the new member greetings.

Cruncher Pete
12-08-11, 02:15 PM
I made the job a little bit easier for myself. Since I know that the guy I invite already crunches for us, I include a clause in my Invitation to mention that I have Invited him and to mention this in the Welcome New Members forum. When I see that, I admit him to Team members only forum as a matter of routine.

DrPop
12-08-11, 05:05 PM
OK, thanks guys. I also just had an idea. I will move the forum for Member Only requests right below this one and name it something new members can't miss! That way if they find their way to this welcome forum, they will see it.

Fire$torm
12-08-11, 06:11 PM
OK, thanks guys. I also just had an idea. I will move the forum for Member Only requests right below this one and name it something new members can't miss! That way if they find their way to this welcome forum, they will see it.

:-bd

trigggl
12-08-11, 08:18 PM
Is there a sticky on what the cpid is and how to find it? Maybe add some rudimentary directions on things that most of us take for granted, but had to learn at one time.

DrPop
12-08-11, 08:25 PM
Is there a sticky on what the cpid is and how to find it? Maybe add some rudimentary directions on things that most of us take for granted, but had to learn at one time.

Thanks for that suggestion, we are thinking along the same lines. I thought about it, and deleted all that part in the sticky post quite a while back.
All they have to do is post with their name on here, and then their name they use to crunch BOINC projects (if different) and we so the hard part for them, looking in the Free-DC database to confirm they really are crunching for Team SETI.USA. :)