PDA

View Full Version : DistRTgen: GPU work resume

RSS
12-21-11, 11:53 PM
Within about the next hour we will start WU handout for the next table.more details (https://www.freerainbowtables.com/phpBB3/topic3225.html)

More... (http://boinc.freerainbowtables.com/distrrtgen/forum_thread.php?id=67)

spingadus
12-22-11, 12:02 AM
Lol, how convenient of them to wait until the PG challenge was over.

spingadus
12-22-11, 01:02 AM
Just got 100 tasks !!!

Cruncher Pete
12-22-11, 01:04 AM

Yet, in a sense we have no choice. Or do we? Look at the time it takes for PG to do a CPU wu"s. (I know that we are talking about GPU here) Personally, I will not follow any project with a time requirement like in PG for the CPU. when you also need to consider just what you need to run to receive a fair score for the time you spend on it. Do not forget and I think we all should compare what credit we get for our efforts for it is not cheap just to run a machine on its own and our efforts are cumulative, The more we use our machines, the more it costs to us, the more we reduce our efforts , the more it hurts the project. Just a thought of considering what it take to run a project and what you get for it.

trigggl
12-22-11, 07:06 AM

About time for a project to be aware of a challenge going on on another. I prefer that to them releasing work in the middle of the challenge.

spingadus
12-22-11, 08:34 AM
About time for a project to be aware of a challenge going on on another. I prefer that to them releasing work in the middle of the challenge.

Yeah, me too.

Al
12-22-11, 09:35 AM
Seems their database is down...that didn't take long.

Mike029
12-22-11, 12:37 PM
Back up. I just got me new batch of wu's.

DrPop
12-22-11, 06:32 PM
Back up. I just got me new batch of wu's.

Loaded here! :D

trigggl
12-22-11, 07:42 PM
Loaded here! :D

And he's on the project, too. @-)