PDA

View Full Version : Hello

DaveD
01-11-12, 08:10 PM
Not really new here - was active on the old site, but my account seems to have disappeared, so I've re-registered and here i am, almost ready burn lots of cycles on interesting projects. At the moment my main computer is acting flaky and I'm only running BOINC on one laptop - but I hope to find the problem and be back to full strength soon.

/DaveD

coronicus
01-11-12, 08:30 PM
Hiya DaveD, glad to have you aboard and we are more then willing to lend a hand.. Just shout out... :-c

Fogle
01-11-12, 08:36 PM
Welcome back DaveD, glad your here. Check out the new place and let us know if you need anything. What projects do you crunch? :confused:

Mike029
01-11-12, 08:39 PM
Welcome home Dave. If you need any help with that problem, post about it and we'll see what we can do. :)

spingadus
01-11-12, 11:49 PM
Welcome back!

Slicker
01-12-12, 12:03 AM
Make sure you join SETI.USA on every project you crunch. There are lot's of DaveD's crunching on lots of projects but only a few of them as a member of SETI.USA. There's no sense letting those credits go to waste!

If you have any nVidia or AMd graphics card in those machines, they can crunch as well and earn more credits per hour than any CPU. Even some laptops can crunch using their graphics cards. (You have to be careful about the temps though as their fans are not the best for cooling.)

[Edit: Oops. I saw the other post that you show up on stats as Dave@Damouth.org (Dave@Damouth.org) and you are already on the team in all your projects.]

DrPop
01-12-12, 12:16 AM
Hi DaveD, glad to meet you, and thanks for joining the new forums! Lots here, so please enjoy your stay, and if you need anything just give a shout out!

Cruncher Pete
01-12-12, 01:08 AM
Welcome Home DavD. Enjoy you stay.

DaveD
01-12-12, 12:40 PM
Welcome back DaveD, glad your here. Check out the new place and let us know if you need anything. What projects do you crunch? :confused:

The ones where I've spent the most time are SETI, Milkyway, GPUGRID, Collatz Conjecture, and Aqua(now retired); Also smaller amounts of time on WUProp, FreeHAL, Einstein, PrimeGrid, Rosetta

Crazybob
01-12-12, 03:54 PM
Welcome back Dave!

Fire$torm
01-17-12, 03:51 AM
Ooops, I'm late....

Hello there DaveD. Glad you found us. Hope you like the new home.