PDA

View Full Version : Boards Down

Crazybob
01-17-12, 09:19 AM
Any clue as to what happened over the past couple of days with the boards?

Bok
01-17-12, 09:23 AM
I had an extended powercut on friday. Just dumb luck again that I was out of town for the weekend. First time there has been a problem in 8 months (and the last time was when I was out too!). My UPS's could not handle it as my neighbors have indicated it was over an hour. My firewall and database server did not come back up cleanly so were waiting on an fsck check.

Got home last night after driving 10hrs back from Orlando. (My son was playing in a hockey tournament and his team won the championship!). All fixed.. Couple of issues with the stats I've got to address at some point today, but nothing major..

Bok

Crazybob
01-17-12, 09:25 AM
Thought maybe a storm came through and knocked you offline. Thought it was something like that. Glad it wasn't more serious.

Bok
01-17-12, 09:28 AM
yeah, I had some concerns as to what had happened too. Tried not to think about it too much over the weekend, given I had no control! :)

Mike029
01-17-12, 10:23 AM
Good to hear it was nothing major. Thanks for getting us back up and running. I hope he won the tourny?

Bok
01-17-12, 10:30 AM
Yup, they won!

DrPop
01-17-12, 01:00 PM
BIG CONGRATS to your son and the team! And I'm very glad it wasn't anything more serious with your house. The storms that have been coming through Alaska these days (mine and Kim's folks both still live up there!) sure get you nervous.;)

Crazybob
01-17-12, 01:36 PM
There's supposed to be another EPIC storm headed towards the Northwest. 12-18 inches for Seattle. Hope it stays away from me!