PDA

View Full Version : Website feedback: Contact info. options

zombie67
01-18-12, 06:09 PM
In our settings, we have the ability to make public our email (don't want to make it public), web site (don't have one), and 5 different IM services (don't use them regularly). Any way to bring this into the second decade of the century, and add Facebook and Twitter?

Fire$torm
01-18-12, 07:05 PM
In our settings, we have the ability to make public our email (don't want to make it public), web site (don't have one), and 5 different IM services (don't use them regularly). Any way to bring this into the second decade of the century, and add Facebook and Twitter?

??? Why ???

LOL just kidding. I take a look see.

Fire$torm
01-18-12, 07:48 PM
Did a search for a vbulletin mod or plugin and.... nothing simple. One mod I did find changes the entire forum structure into a facebook portal. I don't think that is what your looking for, is it?

zombie67
01-18-12, 07:54 PM
Did a search for a vbulletin mod or plugin and.... nothing simple. One mod I did find changes the entire forum structure into a facebook portal. I don't think that is what your looking for, is it?

Heh. No. That's not what I was looking for. But thanks for looking!

DrPop
01-18-12, 07:55 PM
Good point, Zombie. That would be quite useful. I think we'll have to wait and see if BOK or Gopher know anything about those kind of changes. Unfortunately I know very little about the actual workings of V Bulletin as you know. ;)

Bok
01-18-12, 09:48 PM
There is facebook integration in vBulletin, though I haven't explored it too much I have it switched on at Free-DC but not here. It's on the posts rather than individuals though. Want me to switch it on?

What Fire$torm mentoined is a whole new piece of vBulletin where it basically gives a layer within facebook of the forum. Added cost of about $99 I think I saw, needs https therefore a digital certificate too..

zombie67
01-18-12, 10:06 PM
There is facebook integration in vBulletin, though I haven't explored it too much I have it switched on at Free-DC but not here. It's on the posts rather than individuals though. Want me to switch it on?

What Fire$torm mentoined is a whole new piece of vBulletin where it basically gives a layer within facebook of the forum. Added cost of about $99 I think I saw, needs https therefore a digital certificate too..

IMO, no, to all the above. I was just looking for a different way for folks to contact me if they want to. I can to that in the signature easily enough.