PDA

View Full Version : PrimeGrid: The Leonids Challenge in 24 hours

RSS
11-16-10, 12:10 PM
Come join us at the peak of the Leonids for a 24 hour Challenge on the Sophie Germain Search (LLR) project. A Sophie Germain prime or even a twin prime may be waiting for you. ;) For more information, please see this forum post (http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2812&nowrap=true#27922).

More... (http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2818)

Maxwell
11-16-10, 03:47 PM
Tweeted as well...

John R.@SETI.USA
11-16-10, 04:22 PM
ran a few practice ones and even found a prime........:)

Maxwell
11-16-10, 04:28 PM
ran a few practice ones and even found a prime........:)
Hush. ;) All y'all prime finders are making me jealous. 1.6M credits there and I've found nothing remotely interesting... :-w

DrBob
11-16-10, 06:35 PM
If I didn't mess up my scripts my boxen sould be there. Just need to remember to sync the clocks tonight when I get home from work.

joker
11-16-10, 08:35 PM
I is confused. What time does this thing start? I live on the west coast.

Maxwell
11-16-10, 09:17 PM
I is confused. What time does this thing start? I live on the west coast.
10am for you (PST). If you go to the PrimeGrid homepage, they have a countdown to the start of the challenge, if that helps...

trigggl
11-16-10, 11:00 PM
10am for you (PST). If you go to the PrimeGrid homepage, they have a countdown to the start of the challenge, if that helps...

At the risk of overstating this, the clock on the PrimeGrid homepage displays time according to the clock on your own computer. So, if the time on your computer is fast, the time displayed on their homepage will be fast and you may accidentally start too soon. Or, you may start too late. To soon would be worse because you don't get credit for the work you download early.

Make sure you sync your clock with some type of time server. I always start a minute late to be on the safe side.

STMahlberg
11-17-10, 05:12 AM
So much for this challenge...

Database/file status

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Host 'www.primegrid.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /home/boinc/proj/html/inc/db.inc on line 39
The database server is not accessible

I am unable to connect to the server. :mad:

DrBob
11-17-10, 09:40 AM
So much for this challenge...

I am unable to connect to the server. :mad:Seems to be back to normal this morning.

STMahlberg
11-17-10, 09:43 AM
Seems to be back to normal this morning.

All of my stuff finally started running PG.

DrBob
11-17-10, 09:54 AM
All of my stuff finally started running PG.Better clear those caches then, the challenge is still 3 hours out.
Any work downloaded before the start will not count for challenge points.

STMahlberg
11-17-10, 10:50 AM
Better clear those caches then, the challenge is still 3 hours out.
Any work downloaded before the start will not count for challenge points.

I feel like such an idiot... thank you for mentioning this; I thought it started at 00:00.

DrBob
11-17-10, 11:32 AM
I feel like such an idiot... thank you for mentioning this; I thought it started at 00:00.Don't feel too bad, it happens to at least one team member every challenge. ;)

The Leonids Challenge
17 November 18:00 UTC – 18 November 18:00 UTC