PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading vbulletin

Bok
01-27-12, 04:43 PM
I want to put the latest update to vBulletin in at some point soon to version 4.1.10. Should only take 10mins. I've done it at Free-DC now, had lot of problems but they were all due to a security mod in apache I had to disable first.

I'll run a full backup before I do it, maybe this evening or more likely tomorrow morning.

I don't think there are too many changes, so likely you won't notice anything but it might affect some of the custom styles.

DrPop
01-28-12, 12:57 AM
Thank you! :)

Fire$torm
01-28-12, 01:21 AM
Sorry BOK. I thought I had given my thanks to you. OK, so like thank you BOK! There, that is better.

Bok
01-28-12, 08:36 AM
All done, let me know if you see any problems.

Some of the styles may well need amending

Fire$torm
01-28-12, 09:11 AM
All done, let me know if you see any problems.

Some of the styles may well need amending

Thanks again BOK. I did take a look at the notices in the admin panel. There are 137 items that need attention so I examined one of them. After about a half hour I decided I need to take a crash course in vBulletin coding. I will try Youtube for some video tutorials but do you have any idea where else I could find a decent 101 intro in text or video?

zombie67
01-28-12, 09:49 AM
I love the divider on the New Posts pager that says:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

Bok
01-28-12, 09:52 AM
Yes, I noticed that divider too. And I DID remember to update the favicon this time :)

Fire$torm, take a look over at http://www.vbulletin.org some good tutorials there. Most of the time these updates are not really that necessary, I rarely have to do them at Free-DC.

DrPop
01-28-12, 11:51 AM
Looks nice, thanks. Cool, I saw the divider you're talking about. :cool:

Fire$torm
03-21-12, 08:03 PM
Hey BOK,

By any chance have you done a forum upgrade? Team Eagle Favicon has gone missing.......

F$

Bok
03-21-12, 08:39 PM
aaarrghhh. I ALWAYS forget!

Fixed.