PDA

View Full Version : New Member - SpaPal

SpaPal
02-04-12, 10:44 AM
Just popping in to say hello. FYI crunching is a great way to prod your spouse on buying a new rig ^_^, for science! I already want to build another : /

User Name: SpaPal
CPID: 5d026e773dea3a4c3e9493c3516b94f2

I wonder if there is any optimization on the software side that I should have done?

http://www.gpugrid.net/hosts_user.php?userid=84378

GalaxyIce
02-04-12, 02:18 PM
Hi SpaPal, good to see you here. Nice tactic with the spouse. Mine is not interested in IT at all but I finally brought her round to trying out a netbook and bought her one. Rignt now I am having a hard time squeezing out a few extra WUs on it for current SIMAP competition. "It's mine, stop wearing it out with that boinking stuff!" she cries :))

DrPop
02-04-12, 02:22 PM
..."It's mine, stop wearing it out with that boinking stuff!" she cries :))

Hahaha! :D I seem to remember a similar remark from Kim about "wearing out the fan in her poor little laptop!" hahaha!!! :o:cool:

artemis8
02-04-12, 06:45 PM
Hello back at you, welcome to the boards.

Mike029
02-04-12, 07:05 PM
Welcome Spapal..

Fire$torm
02-04-12, 09:44 PM
Hello there. Glad you found us. Make yourself at home.

spingadus
02-04-12, 09:50 PM
Welcome!

Crazybob's Son
02-06-12, 03:57 PM
Welcome SpaPal! Glad to see you found your way here. You'll find that as soon as you build a computer you're looking at stats and then wanting to build another one. It is definitely a fun hobby that also helps science A LOT.

Hi SpaPal, good to see you here. Nice tactic with the spouse. Mine is not interested in IT at all but I finally brought her round to trying out a netbook and bought her one. Rignt now I am having a hard time squeezing out a few extra WUs on it for current SIMAP competition. "It's mine, stop wearing it out with that boinking stuff!" she cries :))

Hey my wife has the same attitude.... She doesn't see the need for it even though she works in the medical field and I explained that quite a few projects are medical related...

SpaPal
02-08-12, 04:10 PM
My wife didn't believe me until I showed her the projects and she approved of crunchers getting some attributed credit for published research on GPUGRID. Though it helped that she is a clinician interested in research but still took a few extra yards of "see I told you"

GalaxyIce
02-08-12, 04:51 PM
My wife didn't believe me until I showed her the projects and she approved of crunchers getting some attributed credit for published research on GPUGRID. Though it helped that she is a clinician interested in research but still took a few extra yards of "see I told you"

At the end of the day I say that this is a way I have to use my computers to contribute to science, and right now it's the only way I have.