PDA

View Full Version : POEM: The King is dead. Long live the King.

RSS
02-07-12, 09:12 AM
Hello, as Timo mentioned before, we are founding a new boinc task force team. Together with Martin Brieg and Thomas Koch we will, hopefully, become worthy successor for Timo. Beside this visual (^^) improvements also our server will get some upgrades. Sadly, we have to switch-off the server by the end of the week (Thursday, Friday). Thank you for your understanding and I'm looking forward to a good collaboration !!Hallo, wie Timo bereits angekündigt hat, stellen wir gerade ein neues Boinc Team zusammen. Zusammen mit Martin Brieg und Thomas Koch werden wir hoffentlich würdige Nachfolger von Timo werden ;) Nach den personellen Upgrades (optisch ^^) werden wir auch den Server mit neuer Hardware beglücken. Leider müssen wir hierfür den Server Ende der Woche (Donnerstag, Freitag) vom Netz nehmen. Danke für Euer Verständnis und auf eine gute Zusammenarbeit !!

More... (http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/forum_thread.php?id=675)

zombie67
02-07-12, 09:29 AM
Historically, when the project admin leaves, there is a 50/50 shot that the project itself dies. I sure hope that is not the case here. We'll see. In any case, I am glad I recently got my 10M MM. :D

trigggl
02-07-12, 11:23 AM
Historically, when the project admin leaves, there is a 50/50 shot that the project itself dies. I sure hope that is not the case here. We'll see. In any case, I am glad I recently got my 10M MM. :D

Apparently the GPU app didn't help them all that much.

Fire$torm
02-07-12, 11:45 AM

I hope so to. I'd hate to see worthy research stop. Many might gain a second chance at life through their efforts. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Christopher Herr
02-07-12, 12:09 PM

First of all, great crunching, zombie67!
I sure hope this project will continue as well, as I want to make a lot of stones there. I was planning on doing the 50M next, well we will see... :D

STE\/E
02-08-12, 04:31 PM
Dang, just when I was going to start running it again on my 7970, well at least I got over 2.5 Million today, will crunch what I can until they go down ...

STE\/E
02-10-12, 04:51 PM
The Project is down it looks like since this morning, hope they come back up again soon ...