PDA

View Full Version : Hung Wu's

STE\/E
02-13-12, 09:00 AM
Guy'z are getting a lot of hung Wu's, I'd check your Box's & see if their okay or not, I set the Project to NNT for now ...

trigggl
02-13-12, 09:29 AM
If you're referring to me, I have a couple flaky 4870's. I think it's a hardware problem, not a software problem. I got the second one going yesterday, but that didn't last long.

Now I can barely get to the desktop without it locking up.

STE\/E
02-13-12, 09:57 AM
If you're referring to me, I have a couple flaky 4870's. I think it's a hardware problem, not a software problem. I got the second one going yesterday, but that didn't last long.

Now I can barely get to the desktop without it locking up.

No I was just referring to everybody in general getting Wu's from that Project that were just Hung or not progressing, had some myself, they seemed to have fixed the problem for now anyway. Their continually coming out with newer app's so more problems could pop up at any time ...

trigggl
02-13-12, 11:43 AM
They ever get the stats exported, I might have my first 1M day (not including the FreeDC snafu).

Fogle
02-13-12, 01:31 PM
Hey what's the URL for this project? I googled it but got a bunch of sites that want me to donate a home. :confused:

Maxwell
02-13-12, 02:55 PM
Hey what's the URL for this project? I googled it but got a bunch of sites that want me to donate a home. :confused:

http://donateathome.org/

Mike029
02-13-12, 06:17 PM
I've gotten a few of those myself. I've not had one today. I still can't get my box with the 5970 and the 5870 to dl a working wu. I only get wu's that get hung up. What I've found is that the gpu's downclock, and never progress. I've tried everything.

artemis8
02-15-12, 10:41 PM
I still get occasional hung ones, and it seems they always hang at like midnight and then when I check in the morning, 7 hours later it's wasted my gpu for 7 hours, which sorta sucks. It's not all of them, but definitely more than zero.

zombie67
02-15-12, 11:21 PM
I still get occasional hung ones, and it seems they always hang at like midnight and then when I check in the morning, 7 hours later it's wasted my gpu for 7 hours, which sorta sucks. It's not all of them, but definitely more than zero.

Use BOINCtasks as your manager, rather than the default BOINCmanager. It can be set to deal with those tasks. See here (http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?3019-Donate-Home-Stats-now-exported&p=34622&viewfull=1#post34622).

Maxwell
02-16-12, 01:46 AM
Use BOINCtasks as your manager, rather than the default BOINCmanager. It can be set to deal with those tasks. See here (http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?3019-Donate-Home-Stats-now-exported&p=34622&viewfull=1#post34622).
+10000000000

This has probably saved me a couple hundred hours of crunching. And I've only been using it for a month or so. Seriously.

Mike029
02-17-12, 09:18 AM
+10000000000

This has probably saved me a couple hundred hours of crunching. And I've only been using it for a month or so. Seriously.

I'm going to have to give this a try. After Willy's antics, ass kissing of DA and the censorship during the challenges, I'm looking to get rid of Bam and use something else.

Fire$torm
02-17-12, 10:57 AM
I'm going to have to give this a try. After Willy's antics, ass kissing of DA and the censorship during the challenges, I'm looking to get rid of Bam and use something else.

Question: I must have missed something..... What censorship? Which challenge?

Duke of Buckingham
02-18-12, 08:57 AM

Nice Mike that is the way to go. Freedoom is more important to me than points or crunching. I was using other than BS but mainly FreeDC and had opened a thread of FreeDC millestones on my TeaM.

So I was very sad with Bok problems, I hope you can solve that as fast as you can because if I have to choose between BS and BS I will be out of Boinc in a flash. Dictactorship is not for me. There is no value above freedoom for me.

Ricardo

Fire$torm
02-18-12, 11:17 AM
OK, I gave BOICTasks another shot and I must say it works much better than BOINCView. So like now I have a question. Is there a way to control Resource sharing from within BOINCTasks? That is the only reason I still use BAM.

zombie67
02-18-12, 11:34 AM
OK, I gave BOICTasks another shot and I must say it works much better than BOINCView. So like now I have a question. Is there a way to control Resource sharing from within BOINCTasks? That is the only reason I still use BAM.

Hah! That's funny. Resource share is the one thing I *don't* use BAM for. Some of the older BOINC server SW would reset the other settings (like GPU/CPU), when changing the RS. And so often, I am also using alternate locations for specific machines, which you can't do at BAM any way. So for resource share changes, I do it directly at the project.

Fire$torm
02-18-12, 01:23 PM
Hah! That's funny. Resource share is the one thing I *don't* use BAM for. Some of the older BOINC server SW would reset the other settings (like GPU/CPU), when changing the RS. And so often, I am also using alternate locations for specific machines, which you can't do at BAM any way. So for resource share changes, I do it directly at the project.

Yeah but isn't that like a total pain in the..........?

Maxwell
02-18-12, 01:57 PM
And I have an entirely different take - I've never gotten the resource share to work the way I want it with any program, so I just forget about it and only crunch one thing at a time. Maybe two.

zombie67
02-18-12, 03:42 PM

Going to a site to change a number, is no more difficult than going to the BAM page to change it. it is still just going one place and doing one thing. *shrug*

zombie67
02-18-12, 03:43 PM
And I have an entirely different take - I've never gotten the resource share to work the way I want it with any program, so I just forget about it and only crunch one thing at a time. Maybe two.

So many of the projects I crunch just don't have steady work. So that approach doesn't really work for me.

Maxwell
02-18-12, 04:46 PM
So many of the projects I crunch just don't have steady work. So that approach doesn't really work for me.
Yeah, we have slightly different MM goals. I just leave most of my sub 100k projects open. And very few of them have work at the moment.

Fire$torm
02-18-12, 08:11 PM
Going to a site to change a number, is no more difficult than going to the BAM page to change it. it is still just going one place and doing one thing. *shrug*

But the difference for me is that I change several at a time. So with BAM only logging to one site is necessary. But anyhow, I don't understand why none of the alternative BMs just incorporate that feature. There has to be a way to override the project preferences. Oh well......

coronicus
02-19-12, 05:41 AM
But the difference for me is that I change several at a time. So with BAM only logging to one site is necessary. But anyhow, I don't understand why none of the alternative BMs just incorporate that feature. There has to be a way to override the project preferences. Oh well......

I have to agree its the most frustrating thing i have had to deal with... even using the bam it seems like the preference changes on there own or go back to 100% even though its set 1% or 0. Ill have to look at setting it at the project website level that might actually be a more reliable way of doing it. Maybe then i can finally say goodbye to bam.

Fire$torm
02-21-12, 08:28 AM
I don't know about anyone else but to me BOINCTasks has the oogliest icon. So I took the BM icon and edited it.

Mike029
02-21-12, 09:23 AM
I tried to set a rule in Boinc Task. I failed to do it correctly. The problem is Moo has had tasks running for 40+ hours on me. Here is how I set the rule.

Application: 1.03 Distributed.net Client (ati14)
Type: Elapsed Time
Operator: >
Value: 00d,00:20:00
Time: 00d,00:20:00

Event: Suspend task.

It did not work so I'm assuming I did something wrong with the value or time. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

zombie67
02-21-12, 09:25 AM
Don't put the "time" in there. Also, I have never tried using the app name. I use the project name instead.