PDA

View Full Version : Crunching on the PS3

krazy k
02-14-12, 12:29 AM
It seems that I am the only one active these days. I just fired it back up, so did I miss a memo somewhere or just no one is doing this anymore?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=51524

Mike029
02-14-12, 07:42 AM
It seems that I am the only one active these days. I just fired it back up, so did I miss a memo somewhere or just no one is doing this anymore?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=51524

I ran a few. Took forever and there was no way to run it while playing a game or watching a movie. Unlike the boxes.. :-B

artemis8
02-14-12, 01:00 PM
I ran a few. Took forever and there was no way to run it while playing a game or watching a movie. Unlike the boxes.. :-B

It seems to me running it on PS3 is just begging to kill your ps3 faster. I've already killed one, I don't want to tax its hardware anymore than I need to.

Maxwell
02-14-12, 08:27 PM
It's non-BOINC, and I don't want to waste the power on it. Plus, I like my PS3, and want to keep it running longer...

krazy k
02-15-12, 10:11 PM
Doesn't get counted toward BOINC? Not the best use of $300 either.

I rarely play games and I never have enough time for movies so I figured this was a better use for it that waiting for a roommate to ruin it. I guess folding can do that for me...

Maxwell
02-16-12, 01:42 AM
Doesn't get counted toward BOINC? Not the best use of $300 either.

I rarely play games and I never have enough time for movies so I figured this was a better use for it that waiting for a roommate to ruin it. I guess folding can do that for me...
It's a good project - I really wish it were in BOINC. It does a lot better science than crap like Moo. But it's not BOINC. Make sure to join the team there, though (51524)...

krazy k
02-17-12, 03:27 PM
Already on the team, hence the part where I said that it seems that I am the only one.

Maxwell
02-17-12, 05:46 PM
Already on the team, hence the part where I said that it seems that I am the only one.
Ah. Yes. I'll occasionally throw a WU toward it if I forget the PS3 is on, but that's rare. ;)

denim
02-20-12, 10:48 AM
I never play games on my PS3, just the occasional Netflix. I was not able to get Prima going on it, so I put it back on Folding@home for our team. Yeah yeah I know it is not BOINC points, but we have a team there and it is for an excellent cause.

Fire$torm
02-20-12, 01:05 PM
I never play games on my PS3, just the occasional Netflix. I was not able to get Prima going on it, so I put it back on Folding@home for our team. Yeah yeah I know it is not BOINC points, but we have a team there and it is for an excellent cause.

Thank you! :-bd