PDA

View Full Version : Seti@Home Quarterly Challenge

Al
02-21-12, 06:50 PM
Our Daily Crunchers are showing well in this challenge. Unfortunately Seti@Home is down for its weekly maintenance, so there won't be much going on till Friday.
Here's the stats if you'd like to see them. (http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=189)

Al
02-22-12, 11:17 PM
Seti is back up (mostly) and Seti.USA is increasing the lead every update. The lead currently stands at 1,600,000 points over 2nd place L'AF with over 5 days left in the challenge. Unlike last time where we joined the challenge with only 2 days left (and still won,) the Seti.USA Core crunchers should have this one handily. Keep working on your goals, but do take a peek at the stats from time to time...it's fun to watch.

bmwr606
02-22-12, 11:40 PM
i did not know about this challenge, but had decided it was time to crunch some seti....

put my gtx260-216 on seti....

just went to look and find i am in 130th place.....lol

on another note.....our team total is more than teams in 2-9th place combined!

Al
02-26-12, 01:23 PM
Seti.USA is up by 5.5 million with a day and a half to go.

coronicus
02-26-12, 01:38 PM
That is just insane... We have such a powerful group @ seti..

spingadus
02-26-12, 03:05 PM
Yeah, pretty awesome for sure.

Mike029
02-27-12, 07:54 AM
Did you notice that Sici does not sign up for that challenge? They make it a point to sign up for all others.

coronicus
02-27-12, 09:38 AM
Did you notice that Sici does not sign up for that challenge? They make it a point to sign up for all others.

Ah, they just scared is all...

Fire$torm
02-27-12, 11:26 AM

Ah, they just scared is all...

S@H isn't the only challenge they are staying away from.

Teams participating in the next SIMAP challenge
BOINC@Poland
BOINCstats
L'Alliance Francophone
SETI.USA
Science Little Helpers
Southern Illinois University
The Scottish Boinc Team
TitanesDC
musiChaos

No Sici to be seen........

kaptainkarl1
02-27-12, 09:19 PM
Licking their wounds.

Al
03-01-12, 02:49 PM
BTW, Seti.USA won this challenge by 8 million points. It wasn't as exciting since we were in from the start this time, but it did show our horsepower.
http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=189

Fire$torm
03-02-12, 12:13 PM
BTW, Seti.USA won this challenge by 8 million points. It wasn't as exciting since we were in from the start this time, but it did show our horsepower.

Yeah I saw that today. Insane crunching power this team has on that project...

It was fun to watch but running another one seems to me a little too much like chest beating (IMHO). But if the forum regulars agree we should keep running them then I will. Just wanted to put this out there.

F$

Al
03-02-12, 01:41 PM
I agree, I think we've proved our point. I think we can forgo sponsoring it, but I think we should enter if another team sets it up.

Mike029
03-02-12, 04:06 PM
I agree, I think we've proved our point. I think we can forgo sponsoring it, but I think we should enter if another team sets it up.
+1

Slicker
03-04-12, 02:56 AM

It is hard to get gung-ho about those stats when you figure it will take almost 6 years to regain #2 overall when just over 2 years ago we had the #1 overall credits in BOINC and at our current rate, it will take us 6 years just to get back to the #2 position and the #1 overall is out of reach. I just find it hard to jubilate over winning a battle while lossing the war. But that may just tbe me. Hu-rah team!

GalaxyIce
03-04-12, 07:46 AM
It is hard to get gung-ho about those stats when you figure it will take almost 6 years to regain #2 overall when just over 2 years ago we had the #1 overall credits in BOINC and at our current rate, it will take us 6 years just to get back to the #2 position and the #1 overall is out of reach. I just find it hard to jubilate over winning a battle while lossing the war. But that may just tbe me. Hu-rah team!

I wouldn't be too despondent Slicker. The team who dislodged you for second place were formed relatively quickly and are few in team members. They have their reasons for leaving their previous teams and could well decide to move on again. You may also find that there are those who will join you who would prefer to see SETI.USA at the top rather that a few who happen to have a lot of hardware and who are trying to prove what? SETI.USA is a good team. It has many people who are helpful and make crunching for a team fun, informative and fair. Getting to #2 or #1 is just a bonus to SETI.USA being the best BOINC team there is.

Al
03-04-12, 09:10 AM

I don't feel the loss of #1 as much as some of you, I wasn't here when it happened. We may never win the war to be #1 again, but I can guarantee we won't win it if we don't win any battles along the way.

spingadus
03-04-12, 12:14 PM
1. Forum messages aren't seen by the team as a whole.
2. You are preaching to the choir here.
3. Does total credit really equal number 1?

Personally I think the stats sites should list team rank by average rankings across all projects. Only head to head per project really counts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk