PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

ehauser0613
02-25-12, 10:46 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Erik and I'm from Ohio. Looking forward to lend team SETI.USA my combined 14 cores plus one ATI GPU to the cause. I hope I get to meet most of you and generally have fun helping making the world a better place.

Peace,

Erik H.

Cruncher Pete
02-26-12, 01:51 AM
Welcome Erik H. Glad you made it here as I am sure you will find this an excellent place to be. Look around and let us know if you need any help.

GalaxyIce
02-26-12, 03:38 AM
Hello Erik and welcome! I had a GPU once thinking it would replace all my CPUs so I need only crunch with one box. I should not have been thinking should I :rolleyes: All the boxes stayed on and I kept trying to stuff a huge GPU cards into my SFF small form factor boxes :-o Amazing what can be done with a hacksaw and some plywood :p

Beerdrinker
02-26-12, 04:11 AM
Hello there. WELCOME to the team!!

spingadus
02-26-12, 04:41 AM
Btw, if you are interested, we are currently in 2 Boincstats team challenges for Seti@home and World Community Grid. Feel free to join in if you want. Otherwise, keep crunching whatever you want. Always remember that there is no pressure to crunch in challenges if you don't wish to.

Oh and don't forget to add all your projects to the Seti.USA team and welcome aboard!

Fire$torm
02-26-12, 07:15 AM
Howdy Erik. You made the best possible choice by joining Team SETI.USA! :D Welcome aboard and make yourself at home.

coronicus
02-26-12, 09:23 AM
Hiya Erik.. Glad to have you aboard. Don't be a stranger we don't bite to hard =)) Anyhow got some great challenges going on and many more to come. If thats your cup of tea then join in on the fun...

Mike029
02-26-12, 12:12 PM
Hi Erik, Welcome to the team. Thanks for joining. Take a look around and stay awhile. :p

c303a
02-26-12, 01:03 PM
Hi Erik. I see that no one else mentioned it but for free points with very little strain on your cpu you can add Freehal and WUProp to your list of projects. They run in addition to any other projects you are running. They both are cpu projects that use a very small amount of the cpu power. Freehal will run 1 instance for every core that you have, when it is up and running.
Once again, welcome and don't be a stranger.

artemis8
02-27-12, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the team, glad to have you! Another midwesterner, woohoo!

Slicker
02-27-12, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure what projects you prefer, but for the most credits, put your ATI/AMD GPU on Donate@home (http://donateathome.org/ ) . It is the top paying GPu project (for ATI/AMD but not for nVidia) at the moment. And, unlike many other project where you contribute for years without seeing any benefit, your work contributes towards the salary of the project staff. You get credits and they get another staff member. Hard to beat if you ask me.

Crazybob
02-27-12, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the team Erik!

Mike029
02-27-12, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure what projects you prefer, but for the most credits, put your ATI/AMD GPU on Donate@home (http://donateathome.org/ ) . It is the top paying GPu project (for ATI/AMD but not for nVidia) at the moment. And, unlike many other project where you contribute for years without seeing any benefit, your work contributes towards the salary of the project staff. You get credits and they get another staff member. Hard to beat if you ask me.

Well said.