PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Replacement!!

Ricky Moore
03-04-12, 07:09 AM
My Toshiba Laptop gave up! So I broke down and got another Dell with an i3 cpu. It's a duel cpu but acts like a 4 core! Currently just running WCG and it's runs 4 WU's at a time. I have Windows 7 Home 64bit currently installed and thinking of upgrading to Windows Pro. (Soon as my rich uncle gives me the money). ;)

Duke of Buckingham
03-04-12, 08:01 AM
:o I can send you two or three tight fisted uncles and you send me this nice rich and very sweet uncle. Do you want to trade? :rolleyes:

Duke :P

rgathright
03-04-12, 08:22 AM
My Toshiba Laptop gave up! So I broke down and got another Dell with an i3 cpu. It's a duel cpu but acts like a 4 core! Currently just running WCG and it's runs 4 WU's at a time. I have Windows 7 Home 64bit currently installed and thinking of upgrading to Windows Pro. (Soon as my rich uncle gives me the money). ;)

I enjoy my laptops because of their portability, ability to run off my solar battery bank using a 12VDC car power adapter and mostly because they play movies over HDMI to my television.

Good buy!

Ricky Moore
03-04-12, 11:24 AM
Kool, would love to know more about how you setup your batteries, do you have any pictures? How much did it cost?

Fire$torm
03-04-12, 03:10 PM

Sweet. And yeah, Core i3 supports Hyper Threading so it will "act" like a quad core but though less efficient but for most projects it will give you a nice boost. So congrats. \m/ **==

And just in case you are interested ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i3_microprocessors#Mobile_proce ssors