PDA

View Full Version : Noob from Fla.

Rbeckett
03-14-12, 05:24 PM
Just saw this program on the Sci channel and since I believe we are not alone in the universe I could do my small part to help find the answer to the oldest most vexing question of our time. If you just do a basic statistical analysis there should be at least 2 million inhabited planets in our galaxy alone, even more in the entire universe if you just use standard deviation for control parameters. So lets find E.T. before he gets too old.
Bob

Fogle
03-14-12, 07:39 PM
Rbeckette, glad you found your way to this team. You'll find a lot of great folks here, so don't be a stranger to the boards. Welcome and enjoy yourself. :D

zombie67
03-14-12, 08:18 PM
Welcome! What part of FL?

Rbeckett
03-14-12, 08:26 PM
Welcome! What part of FL?

North Central just above Orlando and just outside of the Gainesville/Ocala area to the west. It's about 30 miles to Gainesville or Ocala and about a hundred to Orlando or Tampa. Kind of close to a place called Ceday Key. It's an art community on the Gulf of Mexico. Great art and seafood and has a great dock for putting in a boat to fish or dive.
Bob

coronicus
03-14-12, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the Team.. >-) hunting is the gateway drug to crunching. Look around and if you got any question don't hesitate to ask. We are a crunch what you want Team but enjoy taking part in challenges so if you would like to participate come join us, we are curently finishing up a Milky Way challenge atm and soon to kick off a Moo challenge. So if thats your cup of tea fantastic if not then im more then happy to have you help us find E.T. before i get to old =))

spingadus
03-14-12, 11:01 PM
Great to have you aboard!

artemis8
03-14-12, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the team and SETI. I started with SETI too but have since expanded, there are lots of other uses for our computer's power as well, my favorite helps medical research. Feel free to ask any questions, this is a great group of folks who are friendly and helpful, I've found.

Crazybob
03-15-12, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the team! Sounds like a nice place to be. Also good name!:D

Beerdrinker
03-15-12, 02:12 PM
WELCOME to the team!!

Feel free to snoop around, and ask anything you like!

Fire$torm
03-15-12, 07:14 PM
G'day mate. All ET hunters are welcome here. :D

Mike029
03-16-12, 11:28 AM
Alright!!! Welcome to the team.. Glad you chose us.. Take a look around lots of info an many projects. Any questions, just ask.