PDA

View Full Version : Hello

kevin stephenson
03-14-12, 11:56 PM
hello. im to to this all :)

artemis8
03-15-12, 01:12 PM
Welcome Kevin. Great to have you join us. I've been doing it for years, but it's fun to do, no matter when you start. This is a great group of people who have lots of knowledge and experience. Feel free to ask any questions and explore.

Crazybob
03-15-12, 01:22 PM
Welcome aboard Kevin!

Beerdrinker
03-15-12, 02:11 PM
Hi there.

WELCOME to the team!

kevin stephenson
03-15-12, 02:23 PM
ty folks for the welcome. so ive been letting projects run on my comp. its for SETI and its %79 complete. it has 1 hour left of work. does this work upload by itself? and how do i get work credits for it? and what are they used for?

spingadus
03-15-12, 03:12 PM
Welcome Kevin!

c303a
03-15-12, 05:39 PM
Welcome Kevin. Let us here from you often.

coronicus
03-15-12, 06:40 PM
Hiya Kevin nice to meet ya. Come back soon and say a few words love to know were your from and how you got started.

Fire$torm
03-15-12, 07:18 PM
ty folks for the welcome. so ive been letting projects run on my comp. its for SETI and its %79 complete. it has 1 hour left of work. does this work upload by itself? and how do i get work credits for it? and what are they used for?

Howdy Kevin. Yep, once you have a project running, as long as they have work you will continue to get more and all uploading and downloading is automatic. At least when the project server is working correctly...... :))

Mike029
03-16-12, 11:58 AM
Hello and welcome to the team.

artemis8
03-16-12, 01:37 PM

It will upload by itself and get you new work to work on too as long as you are connected to the internet. Once they receive your work unit they (their computers or whatnot, I don't know the details) will process it and allocate you credit for having done it. Credits are really just to know how much work you've done (especially compared to others who are working on the project). You don't trade them in for anything and they don't have any really value but it's always fun to see the numbers go up.

Crazybob
03-16-12, 01:59 PM
I heard that they already split up the Martian surface and are allocating homesteds to people who can come up with a billion credits. Can't wait!

JK:cool:=))

artemis8
03-16-12, 02:01 PM
That Crazybob, he's so crazy!

Crazybob
03-16-12, 02:05 PM
I picked out a spot right over that volcano!

kevin stephenson
03-19-12, 05:10 PM
It will upload by itself and get you new work to work on too as long as you are connected to the internet. Once they receive your work unit they (their computers or whatnot, I don't know the details) will process it and allocate you credit for having done it. Credits are really just to know how much work you've done (especially compared to others who are working on the project). You don't trade them in for anything and they don't have any really value but it's always fun to see the numbers go up.

okay, i wasnt sure what credits were. nevertheless, everything is running fine. i left boinx run in the back ground for the most part and normally do not notice it there now. i hope this is help for you guys. thinking about getting some new hardware for more memory.

and to you crazy nice one, lol. that would indeed be nice. but i would just settle for a maned exploration at this point. im sure it cant be too bad lol.

ty for help.

Crazybob's Son
03-21-12, 01:22 PM
Welcome to the team!

Make sure to attach to FreeHAL and WuProp as they are non-cpu intensive and basically free credits.

kevin stephenson
03-21-12, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the team!

Make sure to attach to FreeHAL and WuProp as they are non-cpu intensive and basically free credits.

yea bob i saw those 2 in the list. ill attach em. and ty