PDA

View Full Version : where is the topic about the new logo?

BlkJack-21
11-23-10, 01:36 PM
Searched through the forums and cannot find any discussions about redesigning the logo....just noticed that it suddenly changed.

Mr. Hankey
11-23-10, 03:52 PM
You just created it! There wasn't a topic, and we haven't discussed it at all. One of the members asked about working on a logo for the team and so I put it up. Other than the person that created it you are the first person to publicly comment on it so far.

So if anyone is interested in commenting on the logo this is the place.

Mike029
11-23-10, 04:35 PM
I noticed. Liked it and figured it was something we had lying around. Looks professional and really like old glory worked into the eagle and name. Great job.

Maxwell
11-23-10, 04:57 PM
And I commented to the artist in a PM. I like it!=D>

BlkJack-21
11-23-10, 07:13 PM
I guess I'll be the sourpuss and say that I'm not a big fan.

The black and star background makes the letters hard to see.

So are we going to drop our team logo? The one that we've been using from day one?

http://www.setiusa.net/images/BannerSD.png

It has been refined over the years by a few of our teammates..and I for one hate to see it go!

Mr. Hankey
11-23-10, 07:58 PM
I guess I'll be the sourpuss and say that I'm not a big fan.

The black and star background makes the letters hard to see.

So are we going to drop our team logo? The one that we've been using from day one?

http://www.setiusa.net/images/BannerSD.png

It has been refined over the years by a few of our teammates..and I for one hate to see it go!

The contrast issue was actually some of my feedback specifically about the eagle not showing up, but the letters have the same issue. Perhaps if the letters were outlined in white? Dunno I am not a graphics guy myself. I actually think the shadows on the flag part of the image compound the contrast issues.

I don't think we would drop anything. I would think that we have a selection of approved logos/artwork. The larger team can figure this one out. For now we don't even have our own board theme so we have plenty of cosmetic things to work on over time.

Fire$torm
11-24-10, 02:55 AM
And I commented to the artist in a PM. I like it!=D>

Same here with 2 separate PM's.

trigggl
11-24-10, 11:15 AM
The contrast issue was actually some of my feedback specifically about the eagle not showing up, but the letters have the same issue. Perhaps if the letters were outlined in white? Dunno I am not a graphics guy myself. I actually think the shadows on the flag part of the image compound the contrast issues.

I don't think we would drop anything. I would think that we have a selection of approved logos/artwork. The larger team can figure this one out. For now we don't even have our own board theme so we have plenty of cosmetic things to work on over time.

Number me with those that really like it and really hate it with that background. Perhaps a slight border around the text and eagle, or a box around the whole thing with a complementary background. Or...maybe just get rid of the background altogether and make it clear.

DrPop
11-24-10, 04:55 PM
Some great feedback here, and I think we can really massage it around and make it work for everyone. If you can give us a little time, I'm sure we can incorporate these suggestions in different versions and maybe put them up for a vote or general discussion.

I do also think like Hankey mentioned, this should all be part of a bigger forum theme that we create.
Thanks for the input so far.

DrBob
11-24-10, 05:00 PM
...So if anyone is interested in commenting on the logo this is the place.Wasn't going to comment as I figured it was what the new group wanted for a logo but since you asked...
Too dark, no contrast at all between the lettering and background.
I prefer our "old school" team logo 20 times over the current rendition, but then again I'm part of the team's "old school" so I just kept my thoughts to myself as the push has been out with the old & in with the new.

...just get rid of the background altogether and make it clear.That would certainly help with the legibility of the new logo although I still would miss our old eagle.

Mr. Hankey
11-28-10, 11:06 PM
whoa... ok... there was no intention throwing out the old and in with the new. I just put it up there to see how it would look and generate feedback from everyone. Let me revert to the official logo, and we can keep discussing logos here.

trigggl
11-29-10, 12:29 AM
Speaking of logos. Is it possible to get the eagle icon on the 'address bar/shortcut link' like it is on the old forum?

DrPop
11-29-10, 02:31 AM
The heck with the logo if it's going to cause problems. I am not willing for something as trivial as a logo to be the cause of one person leaving this team. Just to get it out in the open, I was the one who designed the new one, and I did so because I thought maybe we could use a bit of a fresh look around here. Sorry for offering my efforts in a hopeless cause.

The truth of the matter is that a logo is the least of our problems. I rescind any prior statements about trivial matters, and urge that we come to a consensus on the meat and potatoes of what this team is about. The logo can wait. Whenever the majority of the team decides they would like to see something different, just let me know, and I will gladly help create something.

Fire$torm
11-29-10, 09:51 AM
Speaking of logos. Is it possible to get the eagle icon on the 'address bar/shortcut link' like it is on the old forum?
Are you referring to a favicon?