PDA

View Full Version : How do I update my SETI stuff to reflect my team and give them my credits.

Rbeckett
03-22-12, 06:59 AM
I joined SETI at home and have been running the software for a week or two now. I came to the select a team site and asked to join team USA. I was accepted and recieved an email welcoming me but havent been able to update my team membership on the site. I have 1200+ points already and would like for my team to get the credit but don't know how. Anybody know the procedure for doing this. TIA for the help. I'm still waiting for ET to call, but I keep my phone on all the time in case he does.
Bob

Mike029
03-22-12, 08:47 AM
Welcome and thanks for joining the team. Did you join Seti.USA? If not, join Seti.USA and it will update.

zombie67
03-22-12, 08:59 AM
You need to join the team at the project. Go to the project site, click on account, and then click on Join Team. Search for "seti.usa", select it, and there is a link to join the team.

spingadus
03-22-12, 09:02 AM
Hi Bob,

All you have to do is go into your account at seti@home and select SETI.USA as your team name. Not much else.

Here is the link to the account page:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/home.php

Once you login to your account, at the top right of the page you will see a section labeled "Community", where it should say "Member of Team SETI.USA". That means you are already on the team and credit will go towards the team at that project. If it doesn't say so, then you still need to add the team. Also, make sure it's not another team with USA in the name as there are others.

If you still need to add the team, there should be a link in that same section to find a team. Click on it and you'll get a search page. Search for SETI.USA and when it comes up select the link. You should get a page with our logo and another link somewhere that says 'join'. That's about it.

You will need to do this for every new project that you join. You can also look under the "Projects" tab of the Boinc manager to see what team is assigned to your projects. There should be a column for it.

I'm going by memory and i'm half awake so hopefully it's accurate enough for you. Welcome to the team!

spingadus
03-22-12, 09:02 AM
lol everyone responded at the same time.

Crazybob
03-26-12, 11:43 PM
Welcome aboard. if you still need help joining the team, let us help you. We love getting new members and enjoy input from you on the boards here.

coronicus
03-27-12, 11:47 AM
Hiya welcome to the Team. Oh, if ET calls you tell him im still waiting on my tree fifty...

Fire$torm
03-27-12, 04:37 PM
Hello Rbeckett,

Welcome to our little club. I hope you haven't had any trouble updating your account info. You questions and comments are welcome anytime.

EvolvingMonkey
08-19-14, 09:30 PM
Mine hasn't shown up on My Account page either but has only been about a week. Did yours ever show up? If so, how long did it take?