PDA

View Full Version : Need Windows XP 32-bit standalone service pack 1 installer

Crazybob's Son
03-23-12, 07:47 PM
So my P4 that I'm trying to add the zotac gpu to doesn't seem to have windows xp sp1 on it. I swear I used to have a standalone installer but can't seem to find it and don't feel like reinstalling all my drivers/programs by reinstalling windows.

I was hoping to find a standalone installer so that I can then run the standalone installer that i have for SP3.

DrPop
03-23-12, 09:03 PM
Did MS remove it from their TechNet download site? It used to be there, but maybe not anymore?

Maxwell
03-23-12, 09:42 PM
Did MS remove it from their TechNet download site? It used to be there, but maybe not anymore?
+1.

I installed XP32 (no service packs) on an old P4 maybe six months ago, and all the SP1 upgrades are there on the website. Windows Update should find it...

Fire$torm
03-23-12, 10:04 PM
So my P4 that I'm trying to add the zotac gpu to doesn't seem to have windows xp sp1 on it. I swear I used to have a standalone installer but can't seem to find it and don't feel like reinstalling all my drivers/programs by reinstalling windows.

I was hoping to find a standalone installer so that I can then run the standalone installer that i have for SP3.

Just in case you are interested. I can send you a WinXP Home or Pro x32 install disk with most if not all updates/hotfixes + service packs pre-installed. I can also remove stupid Windows "Features" like useless language packs, games, utilities, etc.

Comes in handy for reinstalls. Just let me know.

Crazybob's Son
03-25-12, 02:48 PM
So I was able to d/l the network install file. However for some reason it is telling me that my cd key is not valid even though I used the key on the side of the case.

I am thinking that I might just have to do a reinstall w/my xp corporate install disk and then reinstall all the drivers again. :(