PDA

View Full Version : confession time.....throw me off the team if you must.....

bmwr606
04-03-12, 10:45 PM
i have a confession.....

after 16 years and 287,000 miles, my gmc sonoma is being put to pasture.....
i bought a new mini cooper countryman s all4.....paid cash in full

i know how much computing power i could have bought, but i did not want a monthly payment

i am so ashamed, a true cruncher would walk and buy more computing power

so i will understand if i am banished

scott

Duke of Buckingham
04-03-12, 11:07 PM
Yeha, that is serious. You could have installed a car game in your new computers, that would be excusable.

That is a serious accusacion as your lawyer in this case, first we will accuse all your neighboors of difamation and we will plead for temporary insanity.

Duke the lawyer.

One day one of my clients phone me at 4 o`clock in the morning saying he has just killed his wife. I said immediatly: No, they are saying all around that you killed your wife, what I can prove is completly false. You can send me the car as payment for my services.

zombie67
04-03-12, 11:07 PM
i have a confession.....

i know how much computing power i could have bought, but i did not want a monthly payment

scott

Sweet! IMO, crunching comes second to THE ROAD. Cars are freedom, youth, America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts

Fire$torm
04-03-12, 11:55 PM
Sweet! Dude, Wheels ARE the American Dream! An American right of passage. Congrats! But why oh why did you have to go with Brit sheetmetal..........? LOL j/k.

EmSti
04-04-12, 12:18 AM
Now a motorcycle I could understand, but a car hhmmmmm

But let us not get a head of ourselves. Before judgement is passed, does it have internet, bluetooth, or wifi access, can it be used for crunching in anyway?

Failing that, can I barrow it for the weekend? Sonunds like it could be fun.

Slicker
04-04-12, 02:54 AM
i have a confession.....

scott

Not true. I bought a lake house and boat this year rather than new computers. Remember, crunching is a hobby which requires keeping "she who holds the checkbook" happy so you can live to crunch another day! :)

bmwr606
04-04-12, 03:58 AM
thanks everyone

the countryman is built in Austria!

i do have bluetooth, but did not get the internet connect or navigation package so no, my car cannot crunch

i do think it has more computing power than my laptop.....everything seems to be programmable on this car

probably everything on most cars, since i am 16 years out of date on auto tech

i actually narrowed in on the countryman s all4 because it has all wheel drive and with the aftermarket 2 inch lift kit has great ground (and SNOW) clearance

oh...and it is fast and the brakes are unbelievable!

scott

Mike029
04-04-12, 12:36 PM
Not true. I bought a lake house and boat this year rather than new computers. Remember, crunching is a hobby which requires keeping "she who holds the checkbook" happy so you can live to crunch another day! :)

Now here is a man with his finger on the pulse.. ^:)^=D>=D>

Enjoy your new toy. Computers are fun but nothing like a new ride to get the summer going.

trigggl
04-05-12, 12:08 AM
I'm going to drive my Rodeo until it puts itself out to pasture. I've learned recently that my foreign made engine isn't designed to run ethanol, so I've started buying ethanol free gas. The truck runs better and gets better gas mileage. Running the ethanol contaminated fuel has been causing carbon deposits on my ultra expensive EGR valve and causing me to replace it every 1 to 2 years.

It does require maintenance to keep it going, though. I recently bought a new steering gear and I'm going to let professionals install it. I could probably install it myself, but it's super heavy and I could see myself dropping it. It's not something you want to support with just one hand.

Hopefully, it will last until I get the Quest paid off.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7920/flex1v.jpg

Crazybob
04-06-12, 11:19 AM
Sweet toy, but with a field like that next to you, you should have got the off road package!;)

DrPop
04-06-12, 05:09 PM
Hi Scott, what a sweet new ride! Just in time to enjoy the Spring and summer seasons of travel, too! :D Burn up some rubber for us, the computer(s) will always be waiting for you when you get back from a hoggin' road trip, my man! :cool:

Oh and also, I think I'm going to be after a truck soon myself so I can tow my Grandpa's boat. I know, so many GPUs could be purchased instead, but doesn't quite give the same feeling as going out on the water does. LOL! :D

bmwr606
04-06-12, 07:01 PM
TY DrPop

it is a blast

scott