PDA

View Full Version : Strange Error

Tomis
04-07-12, 11:49 PM
Well I just re installed windows on my computer and had an urge to go use boinc again :). Anyway after installing all of the drivers I installed bionc. After installing it I restarted as usual and then tried adding a project. I did everything as I would have done normaly. It took a long time to try to connect and then it said connection failed. I checked the event log and I found this. ( The same thing happen with other projects)
4/7/2012 8:55:25 PM | | Fetching configuration file from http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/get_project_config.php

I searched around and found something about my firewall might be the cause of it. I then port forwarded the boinc used port 443 and 31416 for the local area. I tried once again and the same thing happened :(. I tried disabling my AV firewall already. Anyone want to give me some suggestions?

Tomis
04-08-12, 01:01 AM
Never mind after puzzling the whole day I restarted the computer to install a program and it works....

Fire$torm
04-08-12, 02:35 PM
Never mind after puzzling the whole day I restarted the computer to install a program and it works....

Good news. And sorry about not posting any help but I too was having software issues of a different sort. A geeks life is never simple...... :P