PDA

View Full Version : my truck

GregK
04-17-12, 07:58 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x196/gregkalvelage/04122012015-1.jpg

just bough new goodyear mtr's with the kevlar spend about 1k on them i got a good deal due to being a member of arkansas crawlers. 35x12.5x15 been fixing it up piece by piece for over a year now. so far it will go anywhere i take it. 86 dodge power ram w150 6" lift rebuit 318 rebuilt 727 trans edelbrock intake holly 600cfm 4bbl carb unlocked unfortunately

GregK
04-17-12, 08:10 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x196/gregkalvelage/P7020020.jpg

trigggl
04-17-12, 09:50 PM
Nice wheels.

You're back in Arkansas again?

Fire$torm
04-17-12, 11:36 PM
Nice ride. Do you ever get to run any trails?

DrPop
04-18-12, 12:43 AM
That's looking beasty, Greg! Awesome you're getting her in wheeling shape! I used to run an old lifted CJ7 around in my college days... :D

GregK
04-18-12, 06:05 AM
hi trigggl ya back in the ozarks been here for over 2 yrs now. right now as for trails not really there is one spot to wheel down the road small camping/swimming hole called fords marsh we call it the river trails there are a whopping 300' long or so lol but there are couple small mud holes and some 8' high ledges on the river banks to climb :)

Fogle
04-18-12, 07:38 AM
Hey Greg it's been awhile since I saw a post from you Hope everything is good for you and yours. Welcome back, and keep on truckin!!! ;)

Crazybob
04-18-12, 02:21 PM
Looks like Arkansas mud to me.:D If your close enough, there are some nice trails in the Ouchita National forest. We had some fun there a couple years back.

Dandasarge
04-18-12, 04:30 PM
A truck thread? Sounds awesome!

My everyday is the dully. 823

The brown truck is a 78 f150 400m/ C6 on 44" boggers. 824

The S10 is an 85 350/350 on 38" boggers I built and sold a couple years ago. 825

The buggy is a 2011 350/400 on 52" v treads. 826

Dr. Pop I also have a 93 wrangler. 3" lift with 31's 827

Pretty much what I've been doing since the end of the year.

Greg it takes a lot to keep a Dodge going. Esp. with a 727. Way to go and good luck in the puddles.

DrPop
04-18-12, 04:55 PM
A truck thread? Sounds awesome! ...

Dr. Pop I also have a 93 wrangler. 3" lift with 31's 827

Oh man! 2 Jeep Wranglers on the team! Loving it. Wish one was mine. Believe me, I looked into the tow ratings of lots of different rigs - there's just no way around me getting a truck soon so I can tow his boat around. It's not the "getting - her - going", it's the stopping the load part and keeping her under control while going downhill that's going to force my hand. I LOVE JEEPS though. First car was a Jeep Cherokee, and my third was a CJ-7, lifted 6 inches with 35's on her. Kim named it "Snort" becuase the carb was always messed up a little (before I replaced it) and she sounded like a snort when I fired it up. :D

GregK
04-18-12, 08:34 PM
na dodges are bulletproof. to a a point just as anything. the 727 is a great tranny. but with 35's with as much bite as the goodear mtr's on a dana 44 front 9.25 rear i may definately snap something in deep mud or if i get boucin. lots of folk though say a 9.25 is very beefy but its just those darn c clips... i might eliminate them eventually that dana 44 though needs to go for sure. but if i start that route that will cost me 5 grand (axles,lockers, gears yada yada) so i try to just replace the old worn parts and be happy with what i have. im 38 and this is my first truck my first 4x4 and i love it!!! they say i should be fine it depends how i drive it and my style is slow and easy so i should be good. thanks for the welcome backs its good to be here and chat with old friends!

c303a
04-19-12, 09:42 AM
Welcome back. It seems like you have turned back into a good ole Arkansas red neck. I have to agree with you on the Dodges being bullet proof. I sold them for 14 years and went through all the Dodge truck schools. Some of the things that people did to trucks that I sold was unbelievable and some was downright stupid, but the trucks held up.

Dandasarge
04-19-12, 10:54 AM
Oh man! 2 Jeep Wranglers on the team! Loving it. Wish one was mine. Believe me, I looked into the tow ratings of lots of different rigs - there's just no way around me getting a truck soon so I can tow his boat around. It's not the "getting - her - going", it's the stopping the load part and keeping her under control while going downhill that's going to force my hand. I LOVE JEEPS though. First car was a Jeep Cherokee, and my third was a CJ-7, lifted 6 inches with 35's on her. Kim named it "Snort" becuase the carb was always messed up a little (before I replaced it) and she sounded like a snort when I fired it up. :D

Wranglers or any other small jeep not for towing. Does carry a canoe on top pretty well though and great for taking girls to the beach (Ok dreaming), the kids to the beach and putzing around fishing holes in the woods. Its still got the 2.5/ax5 (crappy/ crappy). A couple years ago I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 318 that truck was never my friend. had tons of electrical issues (dodges fault) and blew a couple motors in it (ex's fault).

na dodges are bulletproof. to a a point just as anything. the 727 is a great tranny. but with 35's with as much bite as the goodear mtr's on a dana 44 front 9.25 rear i may definately snap something in deep mud or if i get boucin. lots of folk though say a 9.25 is very beefy but its just those darn c clips... i might eliminate them eventually that dana 44 though needs to go for sure. but if i start that route that will cost me 5 grand (axles,lockers, gears yada yada) so i try to just replace the old worn parts and be happy with what i have. im 38 and this is my first truck my first 4x4 and i love it!!! they say i should be fine it depends how i drive it and my style is slow and easy so i should be good. thanks for the welcome backs its good to be here and chat with old friends!

With a 318 you should never see trouble out of a 727. Stick one behind a 440 or a Cummins its a different story. Now true it could be the fact that they make so much power... Dana 44 are great axle match for 35's. 9.25 I don't hear much about. I hear that they stop better then a dana 60 and better clearance but no one likes a C-clip axle. Every axle I have ever broke has been my fault no doubt. Several dana 44's most come from stopping in the middle of a hole to throw mud and trying to tow out larger trucks.

c303a
04-19-12, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=Dandasarge; electrical issues (dodges fault) and blew a couple motors in it (ex's fault).

No not Dodge's fault. Chrysler built the Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler so it is Chrysler's fault.:D:D:D

Dandasarge
04-19-12, 02:44 PM
No not Dodge's fault. Chrysler built the Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler so it is Chrysler's fault.:D:D:D

Ok you're technically correct.

c303a
04-19-12, 04:46 PM
Thank you.:D:D:D

GregK
04-19-12, 05:39 PM
btw i love that big mud truck sarge! thanks for the info on the dana 44 makes me feel better! still havnt opened the diffs. but next month i will. no cork gaskets if i can help it, good ones, ultra black rtv and new fluid.

trigggl
04-19-12, 11:16 PM
Welcome back. It seems like you have turned back into a good ole Arkansas red neck. I have to agree with you on the Dodges being bullet proof. I sold them for 14 years and went through all the Dodge truck schools. Some of the things that people did to trucks that I sold was unbelievable and some was downright stupid, but the trucks held up.

He's not an Arkansas Redneck until he gets the standard issue rubber boots upside down between the bed and the cab.

Speaking of Greg's trucks. Here's a truck that belongs to Greg.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7920/flex1v.jpg

We need to get some flex shots in this thread. I'll take a better one when I get my newly acquired rims on the truck.

GregK
04-20-12, 05:44 AM
lol and i see those boots all the time! i have a flex shot but my pics suck i need a good camera! maybe this year yet!

i will make a new pic tonight. looks good trigggl that rig flex's good.

trigggl
04-20-12, 07:22 AM
lol and i see those boots all the time!

I think they throw them in free with the purchase of any truck. I never see anyone actually wearing them.

i will make a new pic tonight. looks good trigggl that rig flex's good.

I have a humble 2" lift aided by that shiny shakle you can see behind my rear tire as well as some hydraulic shocks made for the slight extension. Highly recommend Skyjacker Hydro 7000's for Arkansas roads and off-road. I don't go off road, but the road I take to work might as well be. The Rodeo used to bottom out until I got the Skyjackers.

GregK
04-21-12, 11:24 AM
I thought there had to be a lift there. noticed the new shackles now you just need some mud terrains!:D
my articulation would be much better if i replaced that front block suspension lift with a 6" leaf lift skyjacker is the only brand i can find with a 6" leaf lift avail for my ram. i may call and see if i can buy the front only w/o the rear. my front end is at least 2" lower if i take out the 3" blocks that should bring it lvl after the initial sag. plus the previous owner took off the front upper shock mounts moved it up a bolt and welded it in. i cant see why he did that! my front leafs suck they are about flat straight across with no arc maybe a little neg. arc actually. im guessing he didnt have the right shock length and cheaped out? im buying a motorcycle this may so it'll probably be next summer when i fix up the front suspension get it right the way it should be.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x196/gregkalvelage/04202012031.jpg

too bad this is a better pic but i dont know how to fix the size.