PDA

View Full Version : SIMAP: Workunits for May upcoming

RSS
04-28-12, 03:36 AM
The workunits for the about 400.000 new protein sequences (for the May release of SIMAP) will be available from Mon, Apr 30 (morning). We estimate that the May batch will need about one week of work.Best,Thomas

More... (http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/forum_thread.php?id=53)

Duke of Buckingham
04-28-12, 06:50 AM
http://blog.init.hr/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/looking-forward.jpg

I am ready and waitting, send them to me.

Hfire76
05-04-12, 10:35 PM
So once the units are met the system will stop sending out work? I ask this as when I got home all my systems said no projects running and I have nothing from SIMAP anymore. As stated in another forum just wanting to keep my information straight, sorry if this was the wrong forum to ask in.

Mumps
05-04-12, 10:42 PM
So once the units are met the system will stop sending out work? I ask this as when I got home all my systems said no projects running and I have nothing from SIMAP anymore. As stated in another forum just wanting to keep my information straight, sorry if this was the wrong forum to ask in.

SIMAP is a project that doesn't always have work. Throughout the month, they collect information and at the beginning of each month, they release a "batch" of work for calculations. Once that work is completed, they have nothing else to hand out until the beginning of the next month. Some months the batches are bigger than others, but lately it's been pretty consistent. So, now that all the work has been handed out, you get to move on to some other worthwhile project until June 1st. :)

Hfire76
05-04-12, 10:46 PM
SIMAP is a project that doesn't always have work. Throughout the month, they collect information and at the beginning of each month, they release a "batch" of work for calculations. Once that work is completed, they have nothing else to hand out until the beginning of the next month. Some months the batches are bigger than others, but lately it's been pretty consistent. So, now that all the work has been handed out, you get to move on to some other worthwhile project until June 1st. :)

Sweet Thank You Mumps.