PDA

View Full Version : What would cause ATI GPU projects (all) to stay at "just waiting to run"?

DrPop
04-28-12, 11:51 PM
Alright, I am really stumped on this one. The ATI rig is starting to become a major pain in the you know what. Seems like I've tried every setting I can think of, and BOINC does see the GPUs just fine in the event log when it starts up. Even downloads a WU or two for the ATI cards. Then, the WUs just sit there at the "waiting to run" stage.
It does this for Donate, Moo!, MW, etc...
Any ideas? This is the dual HD5870 setup and it is not crossfired anymore.

DrPop
04-29-12, 12:01 AM
Arrrggghhh! Just not my day, I guess. So I tried going back down to 2 different lower driver versions, no luck. So decided to go back up to the latest 12.4 Catalyst "just because"...and low and behold, now it is crunching Donate again. I don't know what to think at this point. Guess I'm going home to go to bed and hopefully the thing is still working in the morning! :p:o

Fire$torm
04-29-12, 12:36 AM
Arrrggghhh! Just not my day, I guess. So I tried going back down to 2 different lower driver versions, no luck. So decided to go back up to the latest 12.4 Catalyst "just because"...and low and behold, now it is crunching Donate again. I don't know what to think at this point. Guess I'm going home to go to bed and hopefully the thing is still working in the morning! :p:o

That was probably it. Donate did have problems a couple of days ago when they released v3.50 and 3.51 of their app. All wu's would error out. They fixed with v3.52. Not sure if that added to your problem.

Bryan
04-29-12, 12:58 AM
I know this is stupid to mention, but be sure that "Use GPU while computer is in use" has been checked :)

DrPop
04-29-12, 01:03 AM
I know this is stupid to mention, but be sure that "Use GPU while computer is in use" has been checked :)

Haha, no not stupid - that sot of thing happens sometimes! :) This time all the settings were good, though. Looks like some kind of driver issue or something was wrong. Well, here's to hoping it's working in the morning!

zombie67
04-29-12, 01:52 AM
Which project? Which version of BOINC?

DrPop
04-29-12, 02:13 AM
Which project? Which version of BOINC?

It was any ATI WUs at all the projects I tried -Donate, MW, and Moo, and the BOINC Manager is the latest 7.x, just downloaded it yesterday. Thanks, and hopefully it remains "fixed"! :p

zombie67
04-29-12, 02:15 AM
If it is moo, that is the thing that happens with 7.x clients.

DrPop
04-29-12, 02:29 AM
If it is moo, that is the thing that happens with 7.x clients.

Seriously?!! How did they manage to break it? 6.x client worked just fine! :confused: Grrr...I should not have upgraded my Boinc Manager, I guess. Maybe that is 1/2 the problem here.