PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here!

Mike Phillips
05-01-12, 07:16 PM
Hello Fellow Americans,

I am from the Northern Neck of Virginia and I am proud to call myself part of the SETI.USA team. I have become intensely interested in astronomy over the last couple of years and I believe that the search for extra-terrestrial intellegence is the most exciting movement in science history. I am certain that we are not alone in our GALAXY! I will die happy if we succeed in discovering a technological civilization from a distant world in my lifetime. At 28, I feel that there is plenty of time so if there's anything I can do to make our research more potent, then I am more-than-excited to comply! Thanks for having me, and I'm really looking forward to taking an active part in this wonderful community!

:D
Mike

artemis8
05-02-12, 10:24 AM
Glad to have you here, and welcome to the team and forums. If you have any questions about Boinc, this is a great group of helpful folks. I too love that we can use our computers without much effort to help science, it's a great way to make a difference.

Crazybob
05-02-12, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the team Mike!

c303a
05-02-12, 02:27 PM
Welcome and don't be a stranger.

Crazybob's Son
05-02-12, 04:15 PM
Welcome to the team Mike! Glad to have you here.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. We have a huge knowledge base here when it comes to computer related stuff, boinc, etc.

GregK
05-02-12, 07:08 PM
welcome. and dont become a 1 post wonder! keep posting :D

BlkJack-21
05-02-12, 07:35 PM
welcome to the boards

Hfire76
05-04-12, 10:41 PM
Welcome aboard Mike. I am sure you will find the team to be a great group of people with lots of knowledge in this area. I am still new myself and reading through the boards is really a knowledge filled event lol. Ask any question you may need I am sure they will respond for you, (they have tolerated mine so far lol).

Fire$torm
05-05-12, 12:23 AM
Hello Mike,

Glad to meet you and welcome to the team and the forums. Any questions or comments? Plz fire away. Lots of help to be had around here.

Enjoy.

Mike029
05-06-12, 09:51 PM
From one Mike to another, welcome to the team!!!