PDA

View Full Version : I'm walking for the American Heart Association

artemis8
05-08-12, 02:20 PM
Hi all, I know I'm relatively new here, but I am trying to raise money for the American Heart Association and figure the more people I ask the more chances I'll get donations.

My best friend's daughter was born just 6 weeks after my son with congenital heart defects. She has had 3 open heart surgeries in her 7 years so far, but fortunately she is thriving now. Heart disease affects people of all ages and that's why I am walking in the Kansas City Heart Walk on May 19th. If you'd like to support me and my family by making a donation to support the amazing research AHA does please head over to

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/kansascity/artemis8

Thanks so much for your generosity :)

Karyn

DrPop
05-08-12, 02:50 PM
That's awesome about the walk; sorry to hear about your best friend's daughter, that is a little close to home. Glad it looks like she is overcoming!
OK, will take a look at your link over there in a bit and check it out. Thanks for all your help here, it's nice to have you on the team.

coronicus
05-08-12, 06:45 PM
This one hits close to home for me also been sufering with heart problems for several years and i would be more the happy to have you walk for me and the misses. Thank you..

artemis8
05-08-12, 10:45 PM
Thanks to both of you. I'll definitely be walking for you too, coronicus!

Fire$torm
05-08-12, 11:13 PM
Very cool artemis8. Very worthwhile. I hope you do well and meet some good people.

Mike029
05-11-12, 04:16 PM
Very nice.. My daughter and I are doing the Relay for Life tonight. Worthy cause..

artemis8
05-15-12, 10:38 AM
Very nice.. My daughter and I are doing the Relay for Life tonight. Worthy cause..

Very cool. I hope the Relay went well.