PDA

View Full Version : New to Team SETI.USA, not new to BOINC!

GreenSteele
05-17-12, 01:16 AM
Hello everyone,

Not sure why it took me so long to join a group, but it did and I decided that this team appears to be one that should be a nice fit.

I've been crunching units for as long as I can remember (first project being Seti@home) and feel that if a computer isn't doing something productive, then there is no reason to have it in the first place. Turns out, for me, this is how I feel I'm being productive and hope that the information that is gathered will help us all out in the long term.

I hope to be productive member of this team and look forward to helping any way I can.

Thank you!

DrPop
05-17-12, 01:29 AM
Awesome! Pleasure to meet you, and we are glad to have you aboard, always. :) Sounds like you're an old hand at the crunching world, but if you've ever got any questions on anything, or want to join in a challenge with us, etc, we're glad to help anyway we can. Just give a shoutout!
Welcome to the team, mate. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Beerdrinker
05-17-12, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the team. We know about being productive. In fact so much we are even participating in challenges verses other teams...:p

Fire$torm
05-17-12, 03:52 AM
Hello there and welcome to the forums.

Fogle
05-17-12, 07:31 AM
Nice to meet you. Welcome aboard! :-bd

Mike029
05-17-12, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the team!! If you have any questions, just ask. :)

Slicker
05-17-12, 08:40 AM
Welcome aboard. Thanks for posting!

You joined just kn the nick of time! If you can, join the YoYo project ASAP and preferably crunch the Muon workunits if you can to help us overtake SETI.Germany for the #2 position in the BOINC Pentathlon. We recently overtook them in QMC and can hold that position but we need help on overtaking them in Yoyo. If we can do that, we'll have sole posession of 2nd place knocking them down to 3rd. The competition ends in just a couple days, so there's not a lot of time left to catch them.

Hfire76
05-17-12, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the team, sit back have fun and crunch away.

BlkJack-21
05-17-12, 09:49 PM
GreenSteele welcome to the forums and team

coronicus
05-18-12, 01:03 AM
Im glad you found your way here and welcome to the Team

ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

"We are SETI.USA Lower your firewalls and surrender your computers. We will add your CPU's and GPU's to our own. Your Crunching habits will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

hehe ok a littly geeky but hey..

GreenSteele
05-18-12, 03:09 AM
Thank you everyone for the great welcomes!

Slicker: I've gone ahead and joined the YoYo Project and set it up to only work on the Muon units. I'm interested to see if this helps out but I hope it does.

Go SETI.USA!!!!!

Crazybob
05-18-12, 01:52 PM
Welcome GreenSteele! Glad you found your way here.

Crazybob's Son
05-18-12, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the forums and the team! Most of us started with running SETI@home only and then branched out to other projects as well.

Slicker
05-19-12, 03:09 AM
Welcome to the forums and the team! Most of us started with running SETI@home only and then branched out to other projects as well.

SETI is still around? I haven't crunched that since.... 2008 or so. There are just too many other projects that are always up 7 days a week and pay more credits.

artemis8
05-19-12, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the team and the forums, glad you decided to pick a team and it was us :)