PDA

View Full Version : BOINCstats & BAM redesigned

zombie67
05-17-12, 09:38 AM
http://boincstats.com/en/forum/8/7411

After having served for over five years, the old BOINCstats frameworks has been retired. Today is the launch of an all new framework, with a familiar but slightly different look. But don't let looks alone deceive you. All the code has been reprogrammed and made more efficient and future proof. The new framework is a solid basis to quickly add new ideas and new features.

There are many changes in the way the stats are presented. The wider site allows for more details and larger charts. The forum has a new look and the BAM! section is completely redesigned.

A new feature is the BAM! host group. It allows you to put a selection of hosts into a group, which can then be managed as one object.

The front-page is now fully customizable, every logged-in user can create his own front-page by choosing which widgets to show and where to put them.

Unfortunately, some languages are no longer available. Their translators are either M.I.A. or did not yet have the time to finish the translation. I hope most will be added back soon.

Many thanks to the beta-testers and the translators. Without them this wouldn't have been possible.

Slicker
05-17-12, 09:58 AM
And it looks great!

bmwr606
05-17-12, 10:18 AM
all i get is lots of slow loading ADS and acres of white screen, no stats at all

ahh...after 3+ minutes of ads loading, i got some stats

time to turn on adblock plus ... this is too much

kmanley57
05-17-12, 10:54 AM
It has its good parts(customizable), graphs easier to view with my OLD eyes, and bad parts, wider(no longer fits monitor resolution).

But I still on the most part like it.

Fire$torm
05-17-12, 12:34 PM
Ack! Project list sorting is broken, at least for my version of FireFox (3.6.28)

Cruncher Pete
05-17-12, 07:00 PM
As Willy said, it is not so much as a new outlook but some fix in bugs in the background that needed to be fixed resulting in a newer look.

Personally, I still prefer DC-Free.Stats as my favourite stats site but BoincStats have some desirable features that I like to follow as well and that mainly relates to Boinc management as opposed to just stats..The result of any fix is often results in some ascetic change that might suit one but not the other. The other aspect to consider is the time of capture of a projects export. The two sites mentioned are not promulgated the same, and I find that Free-DC is more accurate and up to date albeit lags in overall time reporting and the result you see is more like a day or more behind your current time. I understand that the reason for this is because of the varies times projects export results. Never the less, Free-DC is more up to date and as such, I frequent it more often..

zombie67
05-17-12, 07:23 PM
Just in case someone might get the wrong idea, I posted this just as a bit of news. Not because I prefer BS. Free-DC rules! :cool:

Mike029
05-17-12, 07:47 PM
Just in case someone might get the wrong idea, I posted this just as a bit of news. Not because I prefer BS. Free-DC rules! :cool:

Amen!!

DrPop
05-17-12, 08:57 PM

I was thinking exactly the same thing. BS is still BS. Like the old saying..."a polished turd is still a turd!" Heh...in all honesty there is some good stuff there, mostly the way anyone can throw down the gauntlet and start a team challenge - I do like that.
Still, BOK's Free-DC is the must hit 3x a day for me. :D
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

spingadus
05-17-12, 09:49 PM
I was thinking exactly the same thing. BS is still BS. Like the old saying..."a polished turd is still a turd!" Heh...in all honesty there is some good stuff there, mostly the way anyone can throw down the gauntlet and start a team challenge - I do like that.
Still, BOK's Free-DC is the must hit 3x a day for me. :D
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Just wondering, but has FDC ever hosted challenges? And if not, why not?

DrPop
05-17-12, 10:03 PM
Just wondering, but has FDC ever hosted challenges? And if not, why not?

I just send BOK a PM regarding that idea, and whether or not Free-DC has the capability (or could w/ minimal effort) built in. I'll keep you updated on the reply.