PDA

View Full Version : SETI & SETI Beta: What's up?

zombie67
05-17-12, 09:41 AM
1) An ATI should be added to the link in the forum index.

2) After the usual Tuesday downtime, they never came back up. Still down. Does anyone have any info on what's going on, ETA for when they will be back on line?

Rattledagger
05-17-12, 10:19 AM
2) After the usual Tuesday downtime, they never came back up. Still down. Does anyone have any info on what's going on, ETA for when they will be back on line?
A power-line shorted, knocking-out multiple buildings including SSL there SETI@home and BOINC-server are residing. See http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2012/05/16/power-outage-darkens-lawrence-hall-rest-of-campus-hill-area/

Fire$torm
05-17-12, 12:35 PM
1) An ATI should be added to the link in the forum index.

Thx for the headsup. I'm on it.

Duke of Buckingham
06-08-12, 05:33 PM
I downloaded some tasks from Seti@home Beta Test (Astropulse V6 6.03 opencl_ati_100) and the tasks are running on 40% of use of the GPU. The question is very simple anyone has an app for best performance from this tasks or this is the best performance?

zombie67
06-08-12, 08:12 PM
The idea with the SETI Beta, is to run the apps normally. They don't want the added complexity of optimized apps, or anonymous platform muddying the waters. That said, nothing is stopping anyone from doing it.

But to answer your question, no, I don't have one. And the app changes kinda frequently, so you will need to stay on top of updating an app_info.xml as necessary.

Duke of Buckingham
06-08-12, 10:05 PM
Thanks Z. I can understand that but 40% of the GPU is very few for me. Is there any other form of puting a core working only for the GPU without app?

Because at this moment that seems the real problem, the core that should be feeding the GPU is divided with another CPU task. Can I use BoincTasks or any other application to do that?

And in that case how can I do that?

zombie67
06-08-12, 10:36 PM
There is a way to increase the utilization, using the AP text file (it is in the project folder already). This is lower level than app_info.xml. I really don't don't understand how the values work. Here is one of the posts you can use as a starting point:

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/beta/forum_thread.php?id=1916&nowrap=true#42416

Duke of Buckingham
06-09-12, 04:25 AM
Thanks Z. But in the thread the guy that is giving the instruction don't know very well the consequences of the actions about instability and so on. I will wait for a better solution.

You are a real enciclopedia about all that is happening in BOINC's world. You seem to know a lot of what is happening in the message boards of the projects. It is a real pleasure to try to follow you on this issues. I don't know enough tought to try to understand all the informations given by this masters (as you ) on this issues. Thanks Z once more for the effort and help.

Ric;)