PDA

View Full Version : Could use a little help in pushing EON over 5 million.

NJCaNS
05-29-12, 11:25 PM
Looking for a low scoring CPU project and gaining a valuable SUSA team 5 million Mega Milestone?
Join me on crunching a little EON. It will take months to get there with our current production but with a little help we can reach 5 million total for the team and then move on to better quarry.

Getting this 5 million MM could move us into a tie for 1st in this category and drop LAF to 3rd. At least for awhile.

See the SUSA front page for links to EON.

Thanks.

Mike029
05-30-12, 09:08 AM
I noticed you hitting this hard over the past few weeks and decided to join you working on a milestone of my own. I'll stay for awhile. Got a lappy on it now and my x6 grabs a couple from time to time. SIMAP is getting ready to start kicking out work again for the challenge. After the challenge tho. :cool:

Beerdrinker
05-30-12, 11:43 AM
You could try and PM DrPop. Maybe he could rally the Hydra for a small run after the SIMAP challenge...;)

Duke of Buckingham
05-30-12, 11:50 AM
I will go there after Simap, not much but is what I have.

Bikermatt
05-30-12, 12:26 PM
I'll put some cores on after simap is over.

Fogle
05-30-12, 05:36 PM
Well I was running a crappy paying CPU project anyway so why not some EON. Count me in for a few cores at least till I get some Simap! ;)

Fire$torm
05-30-12, 08:11 PM
When the team has secured a win in SIMAP I will put all my cores on EON.

GregK
05-30-12, 08:40 PM
after simap im in! those that get here first please post a reminder.

Slicker
05-31-12, 09:53 AM
Looking for a low scoring CPU project and gaining a valuable SUSA team 5 million Mega Milestone?
Join me on crunching a little EON. It will take months to get there with our current production but with a little help we can reach 5 million total for the team and then move on to better quarry.

Getting this 5 million MM could move us into a tie for 1st in this category and drop LAF to 3rd. At least for awhile.

Thanks.

You know, just the other day I was saying to myself, "The pounding to my RAC from Rosetta, etc. during the Pentathlon wasn't eough pain or punishment and I've been getting way too many credits lately and really should find a low scoring CPU project." OK, I never said that.

You know it is low paying when it takes the whole team to reach 5M. Zombie67 usually gets those all by himself while in his sleep!

Bikermatt
05-31-12, 03:51 PM
Yes I am interested in seeing what some of my systems will do. From the little testing I've done already I can say the project definitely runs better on linux. After simap I am shifting some systems around and I will have 80 linux threads on. The credit couldn't be much worse than WCG right?

Mike029
05-31-12, 06:07 PM
You know, just the other day I was saying to myself, "The pounding to my RAC from Rosetta, etc. during the Pentathlon wasn't eough pain or punishment and I've been getting way too many credits lately and really should find a low scoring CPU project." OK, I never said that.

HAhahahhahhhhhahhahhaahah!!!! I almost fell off my chair. =D>=D>

NJCaNS
06-03-12, 01:05 AM
LOL at Slicker's reply.

Would have thought you liked low scores...based upon your Trivia ones that is. ;)

A little help after Simap victory is totally fine.

I look like a Pacman dude eating you guys. LOL
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=eon2&team=1

Unfortunately we're probably pissing off the USA team which was about to pass us. I'd rather be pissing off LAF or SG or SIC.

Fire$torm
06-03-12, 05:07 PM
...Unfortunately we're probably pissing off the USA team which was about to pass us. I'd rather be pissing off LAF or SG or SIC.

Same here!

Mike029
06-03-12, 08:25 PM
Same here!

+1

Fire$torm
06-06-12, 11:54 PM
My quads are now on eOn.

c303a
06-07-12, 10:39 AM
Just put the i7 on it.

Al
06-07-12, 01:26 PM
I just moved 18 cores to eon, but only through the 10th. Sorry I don't have more to offer.

Sent from my ADR6300

GregK
06-07-12, 07:32 PM
my quad is on. eon oc's great i am at 3.50 ghz.

artemis8
06-07-12, 10:51 PM

Maybe you never said it, but you totally meant to!

artemis8
06-07-12, 10:55 PM

Thanks.

Not seeing the EON info on the home page. Could you post in this thread or PM me? Thanks!

artemis8
06-07-12, 11:05 PM
Nevermind I Googled it. I have now contributed 1.7 credits to the team, go me!

Al
06-07-12, 11:21 PM
Nevermind I Googled it. I have now contributed 1.7 credits to the team, go me!

Yes! You'll be to 10 credits in no time!:rolleyes:

Fogle
06-10-12, 07:43 AM
Hey, there out of work!! Crappy credit and no WU's what am I doing here??? :confused: :confused: :mad:

artemis8
06-10-12, 09:02 AM
Yes, imagine my shock and sadness at discovering this as well this morning.

GregK
06-10-12, 10:18 AM
ah well they are being created.

NJCaNS
06-10-12, 10:40 AM
http://eon.ices.utexas.edu/eon2/server_status.php

Bit of a surprise. Check the link above. Not sure of the meaning of the graph at the bottom but looks like a big spike of WU's and then they all went away. And our RAC was climbing and we were really moving towards 5 million at a nice pace.

Maybe we hit them too hard. :cool: Or maybe it was just BikerMatt who was really churning out the credits there (blew right by my daily production). Go BM!!

Only thing I can say is go to a backup or your regular projects but leave EON open until they release more WU's or fix their problem.

Bikermatt
06-10-12, 10:57 AM
Wow! Is there a challenge that we don't know about. Looking at the stats, a lot of teams turned in way above there average credit yesterday.

Us, Team Norway, anandtech, hardocp, and ars technica. I'm sure there will be more work once they realize how hard they got hit this weekend.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=eon2&team=1#

kaptainkarl1
06-10-12, 08:43 PM
One hundred cobbles in Eon for me!!!

Slicker
06-10-12, 11:29 PM
There's nothing like working for minimum wage! Back in college, I worked about 80 hours a week on a farm for minimum wage. It sure reduced the number of student loans though. Credits in EON kind of remind me of those days and how glad I am that I've been out of college for a while!

Good work guys!

trigggl
06-10-12, 11:46 PM
Imagine my surprise when I realized I have 60k at eon. It prompted me to check their stats for top computers. It appears to be a favourable project for Mac and Linux. Not many Windows computers near the top.

Looks like it's time for a gentoo hydra to move over.

NJCaNS
06-11-12, 12:29 AM
BTW: EON's been dishing out work again for the last few hours. Seem to be maintaining a steady supply now too.

Get'em while they're hot team.

Bikermatt
06-11-12, 09:35 AM
Imagine my surprise when I realized I have 60k at eon. It prompted me to check their stats for top computers. It appears to be a favourable project for Mac and Linux. Not many Windows computers near the top.

Looks like it's time for a gentoo hydra to move over.

Yeah my Linux boxes are putting out around the same credit as they do on all of the other crappy credit CPU projects that I like to crunch.

groundhog@seti.usa
06-12-12, 05:22 PM
I've been running Eon for a while, but on my i7 I get a message "6/12/2012 4:12:37 PM | eon2 | Tasks won't finish in time: BOINC runs 100.0% of the time; computation is enabled 99.5% of that". What's up with that? Anyone know what setting I have wrong? I like running Eon since it's from the University of Texas, my school. :D

artemis8
06-12-12, 06:15 PM
I've been running Eon for a while, but on my i7 I get a message "6/12/2012 4:12:37 PM | eon2 | Tasks won't finish in time: BOINC runs 100.0% of the time; computation is enabled 99.5% of that". What's up with that? Anyone know what setting I have wrong? I like running Eon since it's from the University of Texas, my school. :D

Well it's already past that time, so it's overdue. I would get rid of any that have a super soon end time or already past time. Normally they seem to be due 18 hours after I download them.

groundhog@seti.usa
06-12-12, 06:19 PM
It's not letting me download any units due to that message. That's the message I get when I request new units.

groundhog@seti.usa
06-12-12, 07:49 PM
Well, I changed some parameters in the local prefs file to be the same as my quad system and got some units. I hope I didn't slow the system down or anything. :confused:

kmanley57
06-12-12, 09:59 PM
I get that message on about half of my systems, but it is not really true! I think it is a value that is not set right. I had several machines that used to give the "error" message that no longer do, after several days of processing.

The work units have over a day before they are due, and I finish them in about 8 minutes on all of them, but it still says that. It does not seem to keep me from downloading WU's, but I only get a couple of a time.

NJCaNS
06-15-12, 01:54 AM
WOW!! Impressive work team. \:D/

I think about 1 more day and we'll be over 5 million and then the pain to you credit whores will be over. :D

Thanks for the help.
Now I have to figure out if I want to pass Zombie here or go pick on him somewhere else. 8->

artemis8
06-15-12, 04:31 AM

I think about 1 more day and we'll be over 5 million and then the pain to you credit whores will be over. :D

Thanks for the help.
Now I have to figure out if I want to pass Zombie here or go pick on him somewhere else. 8->

Wow that was actually pretty fast! Glad I could help some :)

Fire$torm
06-15-12, 04:52 PM

Thanks for the help.

Glad to help. I've decided to stay on eOn until I hit the 50K Milestone since its not that far off.

GregK
06-15-12, 04:57 PM
cool congrats to all!

Fogle
06-15-12, 06:06 PM
OK, now what? SAT ??;)

artemis8
06-15-12, 06:21 PM
Well we are in the challenge for Euro Crunch SAT right now and I am in second place for the team, which is not how it should be at all :P

Mike029
06-16-12, 08:06 AM
Good job. :D I'm back onto Prima to boost our rac for a bit. :-B

GregK
06-16-12, 12:01 PM
I moved on to the euro crunch.