PDA

View Full Version : POEM: New client binaries released

RSS
06-20-12, 07:37 AM
The new POEM applications have been released this morning. This update also includes the long awaited NVIDIA OpenCL support for Windows. I hope everything works as it should. If you encounter problems nevertheless, please inform us in this thread. Die neuen POEM Anwendungen wurden heute Vormittag veröffentlicht. Das Update beinhaltet auch die lang erwartete NVIDIA OpenCL Unterstützung unter Windows. Ich hoffe alles funktioniert reibungslos. Falls dennoch Probleme auftreten sollten, informieren Sie uns bitte hier.

More... (http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/forum_thread.php?id=758)

zombie67
06-20-12, 07:59 AM
CUDA!

Also, for those using anonymous platform w/ ATI, you will need to update your app_info.xml to use the new app.

Slicker
06-20-12, 10:10 AM
I screwed up the app_info.xml trying to set it up for the new version, so I exited BOINC, deleted it, restarted BOINC, and reset the project. It downloaded the new app and then proceeded to run for 20 minutes at 0% GPU and a total of 0.09% progress. My rig has a single GPU. No nVidia and AMD mixture. No crossfire, etc. And it doesn't work. Makes you ask yourself how they actually tested the app before releasing it.

So, it's back to Donate until they get it figured out.

zombie67
06-20-12, 10:25 AM
Yeah. It's doing the "exited with zero status but no 'finished' file. If this happens repeatedly you may need to reset the project." thing. At least with the CUDA/win app.

kmanley57
06-20-12, 11:37 AM
Yeah. It's doing the "exited with zero status but no 'finished' file. If this happens repeatedly you may need to reset the project." thing. At least with the CUDA/win app.

I download two WU's and they are doing the same "no finished file" and looping on then restarting the two failed Wu's????? Only ran those two WU's and then suspended them and went back to my regularly scheduled WU/project program! :(

zombie67
06-20-12, 12:16 PM
I download two WU's and they are doing the same "no finished file" and looping on then restarting the two failed Wu's????? Only ran those two WU's and then suspended them and went back to my regularly scheduled WU/project program! :(

Go ahead and abort them. All of mine ended in error anyway.

zombie67
06-20-12, 07:28 PM
[...]And it doesn't work. Makes you ask yourself how they actually tested the app before releasing it.

Well, now we can answer that question. They never tested the app using BOINC. =))

Hello everybody,

thanks for the feedback. I just reproduced the error.
We figured out that the standalone application works fine, but calling it from the boinc client leads to the error.
We are now analysing what is the reason for this behaviour.
I will inform you as soon as we solve this problem.

Best regards
Thomas