PDA

View Full Version : FreeHAL: FreeHAL will stop sending Workunits for 6 months

RSS
12-05-10, 06:10 AM
FreeHAL will stop sending Workunits to your Computers for the next 6 Months. I'm currently in the High School and will do my Graduation in Spring 2011. Thus I won't have much time to spend with the FreeHAL@home Project. So FreeHAL will probably have just a few or no Workunits at all for your Computers during the next 6 Months. Of cause the Project servers, the Settings, Credits, the Forums and all that stuff will stay online and will always be available to you. Starting in June 2011 the FreeHAL Project will continue. I was hoping that this Decision could have been avoided but as I won't be available to solve issues the next Months, i think in that way I can avoid problems and issues to rise and remain unsolved. See here: http://www.freehal.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=242&p=1528#p1528 -- Best Regards, Tobias Schulz

More... (http://www.freehal.net/freehal_at_home/all_news.php#57)

zombie67
12-05-10, 10:00 AM
Hope everyone already achieved their MMs.

trigggl
12-05-10, 04:08 PM
Hope everyone already achieved their MMs.

Just in a nick of time, for somebody else.

A couple of more days would have been fantastic. :-w

Fire$torm
12-05-10, 04:39 PM
I did not realize that the project manager is a KID! I think this individual has a great future ahead.

Mr. Hankey
12-05-10, 05:39 PM
Not so happy bout that... I was just under 1M away from my 25M MM....grr...

Crazybob
12-05-10, 06:07 PM
3,810,880 not too bad.:(

krackedpress
12-09-10, 10:17 AM
I did not realize that the project manager is a KID! I think this individual has a great future ahead.

Well Kids do the darnest stuff these days. When I was a kid, it was lucky for a kid to be able to do things like lawn work or stocking shelves. We were not given the chance to do things like becoming a project manager or some real world "job" that looks great on our job applications.

Hopefully he will use this "school time activity" to get a good paying job after he gets out of high school or college.:D

denim
02-14-11, 02:10 PM
Man, I really need those credits to keep a semi respectable RAC. OH well, just have to wait.