PDA

View Full Version : Hello from ThrasherX-17!

ThrasherX-17
07-25-12, 02:31 PM
Hello, my name is Vlad. I live in Ukraine, I'm 28 years old resuscitator and anaesthesiologist. Among my main hobbies there are overclocking, benchmarking and of course crunching. I'm a founder and captain of the international team that's called Keep The Fire Alive! We are still a small and unexperienced team but we have charge and motivation to make the BOINCworld go round.
I want to thank all SETI.USA crunchers who've help my team by giving a helping hand in the last TeaM/SETI.USA raid (Cosmology and Subset). Very happy to see such attitude in the world of BOINC. It was very impressive output!
Thank you all! Looking forward for the next collaborations :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

Duke of Buckingham
07-25-12, 03:27 PM
Welcome ThrasherX-17 and my best wishes to "Keep The Fire Alive". I was helping with "Base Camp" and "The Musketeers" at WCG for a small while to make a better start for your team and I love that name.

I noticed your will to payback our visits at your forum, pity that my Ukrainian is much worst than your English but there is always Google translator to help in this kind of occasions.

Duke of Buckingham aka Ricardo Ferreira

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/mshch/mshch1108/mshch110800037/10262579-fireworks-on-river-dnipro-kyiv-ukraine--may-9-2011.jpg

Mike029
07-25-12, 04:35 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forums. :cool: We had fun helping you and we are glad you decided to stop by to say hi. Take a look around and stay awhile. ;) Glad we could give you a jump start on those projects.

Fire$torm
07-25-12, 04:38 PM
Hello Vlad,

I am happy to see you here on the forums. You are very welcome. It is a pleasure to lend a hand. I still have one system running Cosmology for you until the start of the August SIMAP challenge.
After the challenge I should be able you help some more unless you have another project in mind?

Just let us know.

You are welcome to visit us anytime.

Sincerely,
Fire$torm

Cruncher Pete
07-25-12, 06:05 PM
You are welcome Vlad, Glad you made it to here. I am still on Cosmology for you but with just one machine.;)

Fogle
07-25-12, 09:21 PM
Vlad, so good of you to stop by and say Hi !! :D I hope all is well with you, glad that we could help you out. It's more fun to do such raids instead of just crunching. :cool: Stop in any time and stay as long as you like. Keep crunching my friend!:-bd

Al
07-25-12, 09:52 PM
Vlad,

Welcome to the Seti.USA boards. We really enjoyed helping you out and I think many of us would like to do it in the future. Just let us know if you have a project you could use some help with and if we don't have any challenges going on we'll be glad to help Keep the Fire Alive.

Beerdrinker
07-26-12, 03:18 AM
Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay here.

Crazybob
07-27-12, 02:57 PM
Welcome Vlad. Glad you found your way here to our boards!

DrPop
07-27-12, 03:14 PM
Hi Vlad,
Sorry to be late to the welcoming party! :D Glad you made it over here, and it was a pleasure to help on your latest Cosmology challenge! :cool: Anytime you need a hand, just give a shout out over here - especially if you are going up against any of the big boys, we will enjoy having some fun with you and your team. ;)
Wishing you great days ahead and lots of crunching fun,
Jed

ThrasherX-17
07-30-12, 06:26 PM
Thank you for such warm welcome!
I'll be glad to visit your forum. Nice to meet so many friendly crunchers.
On TeaM's forum I've found information about SIMAP challenges. And now I know that for SETI.USA it's one of the greatest crunching holidays. I will be there anyway. It's great to watch such strong team spirit. I know this feeling and attitude because we (Keep The Fire Alive!) also have target challenges. It's the Primegrid events. That's why I know what does it mean to reach the team's boiling point.
SIMAP is the only project that I've crunched with 4 different teams but I think I've already made my final decision. So I'm on board as the part of TeaM's Special Ops! I don't have too many CPU cores but all of them will be there.

Have a nice day and keep on crunching in the free world! :D

Mike029
07-30-12, 09:02 PM
Thank you for such warm welcome!
I'll be glad to visit your forum. Nice to meet so many friendly crunchers.
On TeaM's forum I've found information about SIMAP challenges. And now I know that for SETI.USA it's one of the greatest crunching holidays. I will be there anyway. It's great to watch such strong team spirit. I know this feeling and attitude because we (Keep The Fire Alive!) also have target challenges. It's the Primegrid events. That's why I know what does it mean to reach the team's boiling point.
SIMAP is the only project that I've crunched with 4 different teams but I think I've already made my final decision. So I'm on board as the part of TeaM's Special Ops! I don't have too many CPU cores but all of them will be there.

Have a nice day and keep on crunching in the free world! :D

Great to have you with us. I think we are going to make quick work of those WUs. \m/

ThrasherX-17
08-02-12, 11:07 PM
Today at 18:00 UTC I'll pause SIMAP tasks for 48 hours. I'll be taking fire in the Primegrid Olympic Challenge. It is the most important one in the 2012 series of PG challenges (for my team).
I'll be back to SIMAP right after the end of the PG competition.

Fire$torm
08-03-12, 11:17 AM
Today at 18:00 UTC I'll pause SIMAP tasks for 48 hours. I'll be taking fire in the Primegrid Olympic Challenge. It is the most important one in the 2012 series of PG challenges (for my team).
I'll be back to SIMAP right after the end of the PG competition.

No worries. I hope your team does well in the PG challenge. Best of Luck. :-bd

F$

Mad Matt
08-03-12, 01:57 PM
Thank you for giving a brilliant run, Vlad! :-h Too bad the competition wasn't up for it, I guess that's the summer holidays. ;) If you ever need a GPU or two, just give me a shout. \m/

большое спасибо

ThrasherX-17
08-09-12, 03:06 AM
Thanks for your help in the Primegrid Challenge. It was a fantastic race.
http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=4493&nowrap=true#56964
Also I've finished all my SIMAP cache right after the PG event as I promised. So everything was right and cool!

Mad Matt
08-09-12, 09:32 AM
Thanks for your help in the Primegrid Challenge. It was a fantastic race.

It was fun, Vlad. :cool: Keep the Fire alive. :-bd

Fire$torm
08-09-12, 06:43 PM

Ditto

Mike029
08-09-12, 09:03 PM

Yeah, what he said. \m/