zombie67
08-04-12, 11:22 AM
http://boinc.unsads.com/rsals/forum_thread.php?id=43

Get your MMs while you can!

Mumps
08-04-12, 12:44 PM
http://boinc.unsads.com/rsals/forum_thread.php?id=43

Get your MMs while you can!

What?!??!?? And I didn't even have an account there yet??!?!?!? Dang, time to run amuck! :)

Mumps
08-09-12, 07:49 AM
Dang, unless this is a temporary work stoppage, it looks like this may be the end...

http://boinc.unsads.com/rsals/server_status.php

I should hit the 1 Mil level, but wish there was 2 more days of work to catch up to Sic* And 6 more days of work for a team 5 Mil MM...

EDIT: Checking the forums, this should be a temporary dry-up. The server is low on disk space so they need to do a little cleanup. But it may take up to a week to be able to do that. They have to get some post-processing completed before they can.

Slicker
08-09-12, 09:49 AM
Hmmmm.... Mumps has a 24 processor box which leads the LSA project with a top RAC of..... wait for it...... 2.4K per day. That's just 35 times less than DiRT! Someone stop me before I move my whole farm over to LSA! Oh, wait. I already have a 10K milestone there. No need. :p

Mumps
08-09-12, 11:00 AM
Hmmmm.... Mumps has a 24 processor box which leads the LSA project with a top RAC of..... wait for it...... 2.4K per day. That's just 35 times less than DiRT! Someone stop me before I move my whole farm over to LSA! Oh, wait. I already have a 10K milestone there. No need. :p

Keep in mind though, that 24-core box was only added to LSA 4 days ago, so that RAC is far from settled in at an accurate level. That system is crunching other projects too, as well as my Split CPID *also* causing some machines to have gotten multiple host cpid's so even all the daily production for this single host may be split. ( I haven't confirmed if this specific one is affected though.) And, the last excuse I'll make is I do have problems uploading larger results. Depending on the upload size (and LSA has larger uploads) I lose a percentage of my work to uploads that cannot be completed. Something up to almost 5% daily per host with this size uploads.

Daily production at LSA is about 10K though, so the credits really do still suck when compared to GPUS. Maybe I need to volunteer that 24 core host to do their post-processing for them. :D

The Project Admin has mentioned in the forums that the crunching power "has quadrupled since I made my announcement." Well, looking back 3 weeks, my own daily production is currently about 6 times what they had been getting donated up until then. And the project daily output yesterday shows I was about 50% of their total production. It seems sic* is ramping up to try to defend a position. Or at least hit a 5Mil MM like I'm hoping our team can do.

trigggl
08-09-12, 03:36 PM
Well, I'm all in until I get to 50k. I really doubt I can make it to 100k unless I borrow the usage of a hydra head. In fact, with a project shutting down, we could move available hydra head cores over (to the project, not to me) if we're within reach of passing another team. This end of life looks a little more definitive than the Yafu EOL.

Slicker
08-09-12, 03:51 PM
Here's a thought....
1. SIC has a lot less CPU power than us.
2. Once the project shuts down, the position is permanent.
3. We are only a couple hundred thousand behind them and less than a million behind SG.

If we really made a push, could we pass them both and end up with a permanent 4th? Or, if we really pushed super hard, even 3rd (1.2 million to catch up)? Or, is the credit so bad that there's no chance of either?

Duke of Buckingham
08-09-12, 04:35 PM
Slicker you are one of my brother just tell me you want me to crunch RSA and I will do it. I just have my small power to help you. I will be there with you.

That was a very inspirational speech at least for me and so I will be there with you. I will start immediately. Man what a speech...

Duke of Buckingham
08-09-12, 06:38 PM
:p I finished all the tasks there are no more. I made all the one task they had. Am I fired? :((

Very Crazy Duke @-)

trigggl
08-09-12, 06:55 PM
A 3 day cache covers over a multitude of sins.

Slicker
08-10-12, 10:15 AM
They seem to have an issue with disk space. Thankfully, they project made their work generator smart enough to not create work if it won't have space to receive it when done. Homefully they will clear up some space today.

Slicker
08-10-12, 10:34 AM
:p I finished all the tasks there are no more. I made all the one task they had. Am I fired? :((

Very Crazy Duke @-)

They seem to have fixed it. My boxes (89 cores/cpus) are starting to get work again. Increasing the cache seems like a good idea since they always seem to be out of disk space. At least your boxes won't be idle if you have a larger cache.

Duke of Buckingham
08-10-12, 11:27 AM
I will try to get some of them to me. Thanks Slicker.

trigggl
08-10-12, 12:28 PM
They seem to have fixed it. My boxes (89 cores/cpus) are starting to get work again. Increasing the cache seems like a good idea since they always seem to be out of disk space. At least your boxes won't be idle if you have a larger cache.

I believe the tasks have a due date of 3 days, so that's why I set my cache to 2-3.

Duke of Buckingham
08-12-12, 07:06 AM
We need a small help in here for a couple of days. In this moment the project has a bunch of tasks. Get them while they are there.

Go team go.

Duke of Buckingham
08-12-12, 07:24 AM
:p Well it was quick they finished maybe there are more coming. :) Man what a download speed.

Mike029
08-12-12, 11:43 AM
Just grabbed a bunch still some left.

Mumps
08-12-12, 01:22 PM
Just grabbed a bunch still some left.

Thanks for the heads up...

Work #
Tasks ready to send 1,829
Tasks in progress 10,265

State: All (9206) | In progress (9145) | Pending (0) | Valid (21)

:):):)

Mike029
08-12-12, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up...

:):):)

Yeah Baby!!! Now that's what I'm talkin about.

Duke of Buckingham
08-13-12, 09:21 AM
http://stats.free-dc.org/charts/teampietoday.php?proj=rsa&team=6

Mumps took all the tasks. I am feeling like the Sici guys (and gals) on the Simap challenges. Man where are the tasks? I am waiting...

http://www.josimarie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/waiting.gif
But it is not only me, someone was waiting long before I was...

Waiting Duke
http://www.mishmashmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/duke-nukem-forever-schoolgirls1-600x546.jpg

Slicker
08-14-12, 12:56 PM
Thanks to spingadus, RLacroix, Mumps, Mike029, triggle, Hydra, and Duke we have now passed Sic at RSA and are pressing on to overtake SG for the #4 position. We have 400K to go but are currently outproducing SG by 80K per day. I have a feeling SG will start adding resources in order to try and hold their position and LAF will likely do the same. I think it is going to take help from additional members in order to get past LAF as they are 800K ahead of us. At our current rate, it will take 10 days to catch up and I don't think we have that much time left. RSA will likely stop generating work prior to shutting down. so we need to get as much work as possible done ASAP. Remember, this is a permanent stat because the project is shutting down in a couple weeks. Can we do it? Can we really make a push and go all the way to #2 which is only 1.3 million credits away? Its going to take more the 7 of us to do it. Make that 10 since Mumps is cranking out 4x the credit of anyone else on this project.

Mike029
08-14-12, 03:34 PM
I say we give this a good push till the end. \m/\m/ Anyone got a few spare cores to throw at this? :o

Beerdrinker
08-14-12, 04:00 PM
I say we give this a good push till the end. \m/\m/ Anyone got a few spare cores to throw at this? :o

My humble 4 cores added to the Hydra..

somanyroads
08-14-12, 05:38 PM
Picked up 1 task in 30 minutes of updating. Must be some sort of secret to getting tasks.:(

Duke of Buckingham
08-14-12, 05:49 PM
:p Now you know how I felt all these days. :((

But now I have some tasks. :D There are better hours to take tasks than others. :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lkncwu8Zfco/SabBoDCAUhI/AAAAAAAAADY/IajBj-cayI4/s1600/SkeletonWaiting.jpg

Waiting Duke

Mike029
08-14-12, 09:22 PM
Picked up 1 task in 30 minutes of updating. Must be some sort of secret to getting tasks.:(

They release WUs every day or so and they go fast. I set my work request for 5 days. They expire in 3 but I eat through them pretty fast with a 2600k.

somanyroads
08-14-12, 09:43 PM
They release WUs every day or so and they go fast. I set my work request for 5 days. They expire in 3 but I eat through them pretty fast with a 2600k.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but when I suspended World Community Grid, RSA Lattice Sieving downloaded a whole bunch of tasks. Who says software isn't smart. Anyhow, reset to 5 days. Thank you.

Mike029
08-14-12, 10:16 PM
Maybe it was just coincidence, but when I suspended World Community Grid, RSA Lattice Sieving downloaded a whole bunch of tasks. Who says software isn't smart. Anyhow, reset to 5 days. Thank you.

Yeah, I have that problem with the new Boinc program. If I have work with another project it will not DL WUs. Thanks for the help Somanyroads. WE have a real shot at 3rd. Perhaps 2nd if they keep pumping out work for a bit longer.

Mumps
08-14-12, 11:48 PM
Some of my systems over-cached. I got the root identified and corrected, so there should be WU's available. You can always go to the Server Status page which even has a nice graph showing how many WU's are available. Pretty accurate from what I've seen. At the moment it's reporting about 2,400 WU's available.

At the moment, I've got a few goals here...

0) Get myself a 1 Mil MM. (Check)
1) Get the team a 5 Mil MM ( 300K, <2 days)
2) Get myself a 2.5 Mil MM (900K, ~4 days)
3) Get the team a perpetual #1 position (2.5 Mil, ~10 days)
4) Get myself a #1 perpetual position (3.2 Mil, ~13 days)
5) Get myself a 5 Mil MM (3.4 Mil, ~14 days)
6) Get the team a 10 Mil MM (5.3 Mil, ~20 days)

Obviously all these estimates are presuming the work holds out and is consistently available.

Right now, I'll be happy to see the team get that 5 Mil. :) Anything beyond that is icing.

Duke of Buckingham
08-15-12, 08:01 AM
http://stats.free-dc.org/charts/teamcumul.php?proj=rsa&team=6

http://stats.free-dc.org/charts/teamdaily.php?proj=rsa&team=6

Don't they know that resisting is futile?

http://stats.free-dc.org/charts/teamdaily1.php?proj=rsa&team=6

They should know that already.

Mike029
08-15-12, 10:10 AM
Some of my systems over-cached. I got the root identified and corrected, so there should be WU's available. You can always go to the Server Status page which even has a nice graph showing how many WU's are available. Pretty accurate from what I've seen. At the moment it's reporting about 2,400 WU's available.

At the moment, I've got a few goals here...

1) Get the team a 5 Mil MM ( 300K, <2 days)
2) Get myself a 2.5 Mil MM (900K, ~4 days)
3) Get the team a perpetual #1 position (2.5 Mil, ~10 days)
4) Get myself a #1 perpetual position (3.2 Mil, ~13 days)
5) Get myself a 5 Mil MM (3.4 Mil, ~14 days)
6) Get the team a 10 Mil MM (5.3 Mil, ~20 days)

Obviously all these estimates are presuming the work holds out and is consistently available.

Right now, I'll be happy to see the team get that 5 Mil. :) Anything beyond that is icing.

With a little help we may be able to knock a few days off those estimates. Let's go get'um guys. \m/

Slicker
08-15-12, 10:31 AM
From the graphs (thanks Duke), you can see that Sic is also making a push. So for, there has not been a lot of activity from SG in the last week and LAF is at a stand still. If we can keep Sic from catching up, I think we have a shot at #3 and maybe even a #2.

There are still only 7 people on our team crunching RSA (e.g. a RAC > 1.0) compared to 16 for Sic. Any chance of getting some more help? With 2,400 active members on the team, you would think we could get more than 7!

Duke of Buckingham
08-15-12, 10:44 AM
From the graphs (thanks Duke), you can see that Sic is also making a push. So for, there has not been a lot of activity from SG in the last week and LAF is at a stand still. If we can keep Sic from catching up, I think we have a shot at #3 and maybe even a #2.

There are still only 7 people on our team crunching RSA (e.g. a RAC > 1.0) compared to 16 for Sic. Any chance of getting some more help? With 2,400 active members on the team, you would think we could get more than 7!

:confused: I thought we have 61 crunching for the team. Me and 6(0) of you. Man what a show of Mumps and company. The daily credit is simply unbelievable for 7 people only (only?) but well we have Mumps and company on our side. :D

\m/ Let us keep the crunching for some days, I am with no tasks for the moment at RSA but will be on the party while I can.<:-P

Mike029
08-15-12, 05:29 PM
Looking at that chart I'm thinking we have a real shot a number one overall if the credits hold up. None of the other teams above us are making a move. We just passed SG and we are a 10-14 days from taking over top spot with a team effort here. Come on guys. Grab a few. :-bd:-bd

Duke of Buckingham
08-15-12, 05:36 PM
I grab some tasks, now and I am on the run with you. Grab some while you can.

Slicker
08-15-12, 06:56 PM
#4 in the bag. It looks like we may get #3 and maybe even #2. Does this qualify for a team email to get all hands on deck? Sure be nice to end as #1 in this project which will remain forever!

Cruncher Pete
08-15-12, 07:46 PM
Looking at that chart I'm thinking we have a real shot a number one overall if the credits hold up. None of the other teams above us are making a move. We just passed SG and we are a 10-14 days from taking over top spot with a team effort here. Come on guys. Grab a few. :-bd:-bd

You sweet talker you. You twisted my arm to help just a bit but not with all my machines for they are resting at the moment, waiting for the need for a big push.:cool:

Mad Matt
08-15-12, 08:29 PM
With 2,400 active members on the team, you would think we could get more than 7!

Must be riding with the glorious 7 then. :D Well, I have a gun but no horse, let's see what I can do. I guess one of the farmer roles always is vacant, they get shot quite frequently. :)) Could be it was a horse but no gun though. Wait... :-?

You sweet talker you.

Whatever he said, I think I fully agree. Great to see you around, Pete! \m/

Mike029
08-15-12, 08:58 PM
You sweet talker you. You twisted my arm to help just a bit but not with all my machines for they are resting at the moment, waiting for the need for a big push.:cool:

CP!!!! Awesome and thank you.

somanyroads
08-16-12, 12:07 AM
Maybe this is the wrong place . . . . but why does an 8 core Intel i7 on 7.0.28 have half the RSA Lattice Seiver cpu output of a 6 core AMD on 6.10.34? Both machines started work at the same time. I had to remove 7.0.28 from another machine and reinstall 6.10.34 because RSA Lattice Seiver had locked up for 24 hours. GPUGRID seems to only run on the GTX 670 using 7.0.28.

If this is the wrong place for this question, I assume someone will move it to a more appropriate location. Sorry.

Fire$torm
08-16-12, 02:29 AM
@somanyroads: Nope this is as good a place as any since it is related. As to an answer? Sorry but I haven't a clue.

@Everyone:

This is a friendly admin notice. I am sending out the team mass email for the Sept. SIMAP challenge and included a call to arms for the RSA project. Hopefully we should see additional members on this project soon.

F$

DrPop
08-16-12, 04:05 AM
Somebody talk to me here...I just got the email and will check back in the morning. Should I move the hydra heads over to this lattice? I see someone made a Hydra account there so I'll do it if you think we have a shot for the team.
@Trigggl - my man, throw that hydra head on your own account and make a run for 100K! Never know until you try and I know you want the 100K in the end...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Mike029
08-16-12, 07:02 AM
Maybe this is the wrong place . . . . but why does an 8 core Intel i7 on 7.0.28 have half the RSA Lattice Seiver cpu output of a 6 core AMD on 6.10.34? Both machines started work at the same time. I had to remove 7.0.28 from another machine and reinstall 6.10.34 because RSA Lattice Seiver had locked up for 24 hours. GPUGRID seems to only run on the GTX 670 using 7.0.28.

If this is the wrong place for this question, I assume someone will move it to a more appropriate location. Sorry.

Hmm, not sure. I can't check my own six core vs I7 as RSA does not tell us anything about past wus once they are turned in.

@DrPop, I DO think we have a real shot at top spot. I say go for it. \m/

Mad Matt
08-16-12, 07:10 AM
There are other projects like ECM@yoyo showing affinity for AMD. This can easily sum up to a nice difference. Anyhow, will make my tiny cores look even more pale. ;)

http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/results/projet.py?projet=RSA+Lattice+Sieving&application=GNFS+Lattice+Siever

Mad Matt
08-16-12, 04:33 PM
No clue why this is, but I am just having one rig validating more or less safely. Another validated 3 out of 20, the 2600k finally did not validate at all. :-s Since I am at safe clocks, my guess is some interference with OpenCL...

So I am down to two cores atm. Sorry guys. :-< Hope you got more luck. %%-

Duke of Buckingham
08-16-12, 04:51 PM
I had problems validating and made a reset and have all fixed now.

trigggl
08-16-12, 04:55 PM
No clue why this is, but I am just having one rig validating more or less safely. Another validated 3 out of 20, the 2600k finally did not validate at all. :-s Since I am at safe clocks, my guess is some interference with OpenCL...

So I am down to two cores atm. Sorry guys. :-< Hope you got more luck. %%-

Don't know why, but my Hydra head hasn't validated anything recently. I don't think it's an OpenCL problem. One of my boxes is validating just fine while also running Poem. Maybe it's specific task groups? I'm testing that theory right now by suspending all tasks from failing task groups. It's hard to know what's validating successfully, since they don't bother to keep the validated records beyond a couple minutes.

Slicker
08-16-12, 05:04 PM

I have a 24 core AMD and a 24 core Xeon. They are similar speeds and are within 1% of each other in credit on DistrRTgen. Both joined RSA at the same time a couple days ago but the Xeon has 33.9% MORE credit than the AMD server. That's just the opposite. Maybe it is just creditnew messing with everything.

Mike029
08-16-12, 06:45 PM
I just aborted everything I had and will see if that fixed the problem.

We will pass the French tonight and move into 3rd. 36 hours after that we should be in 2nd with about 5 to 8 days to take number one. More machines the faster we do this. =:)

Mike029
08-16-12, 07:43 PM
Worked like a charm. All are validating as it should. No more errors.

Duke of Buckingham
08-16-12, 08:54 PM
I just aborted everything I had and will see if that fixed the problem.

We will pass the French tonight and move into 3rd. 36 hours after that we should be in 2nd with about 5 to 8 days to take number one. More machines the faster we do this. =:)

Nice Mike french kissing all the night. Yeha after french kissing we can move to the third base. Abortion can fix some problems but I am against.

Bad English Duke
http://s3.favim.com/orig/41/kiss-kitten-lol-cats-Favim.com-348880.jpg

Mumps
08-16-12, 11:41 PM
Huh... Wonder what's up with the RSS Feed for news...

RSALS shutting down at the end of August, please migrate to NFS@Home...
As announced 11 days ago, RSALS operations are being merged into the larger NFS@Home grid.
So it looks like it should be 14 days or so left...

Fogle
08-17-12, 06:26 AM
I just got back from a business trip, so I'm just now all in on RSA. I don't have any completed tasks yet but will keep an eye on it. Way to go on sending out an email on this as I may not have caught it in the boards, been pretty busy lately selling virtual phone systems. :cool:

Slicker
08-17-12, 09:16 AM
SG just woke up. Their RAC went from 2K to 20K in less than a day. I don't think they liked it that both Sic and us passed them by. This could get real interesting. Their big guns have their computers hidden, so it is hard to tell what they can do. [SG-FC] hl can do 75K per day on SETI which also uses CreditNew and just moved to RSA. We have about the same number (23 vs 25) cruncing on RSA now, so only time will tell.

Slicker
08-17-12, 09:21 AM
Watch your overclocked machines! I had to back off on my i7 as it was getting errors. Dropped from 20% top 5% OC. Hopefully that is enough. Will know for sure in an hour or two. Thankfully, RSA keeps the invalids and errors around for a little while so while you can't see the valid WUs, you can at least see the invalid ones.

Fogle
08-17-12, 01:24 PM
I can't get any WU's for my lappy from RSA for some reason. Just got about 20 for simap so no clue why RSA is ignoring me. :confused:

Slicker
08-17-12, 04:15 PM
I can't get any WU's for my lappy from RSA for some reason. Just got about 20 for simap so no clue why RSA is ignoring me. :confused:

I think that is due to the wonderful changes made to the scheduler in recent BOINC versions. Isn't it great? When I questioned how it worked on the boinc mailing list, I was told that it works as designed. Suspending a project won't help and you can't reset the debts any more either. So long as BOINC thinks you have enough work in your cache and/or wants work from another project it is very hard to get work. My solution was to set all other projects to no new tasks, abort all the tasks from all other projects, do an update on each and wait for them to all clear, and then suspend the other projects. I also boosted the priority at RSA to 900. Only then would some of my boxes grab RSA work. However, when they finally grabbed work, they grabbed so much that many are still running the WUs in high priority mode - and it has been several days now. Almost makes a guy go back to an early 6.10.x version of BOINC...

Fogle
08-17-12, 08:48 PM
OK got work now, when my CPU's were dry, no RSA so I loaded up on pogs and Simap. Then RSA says OK here's some work. Go figure. :confused:

artemis8
08-17-12, 10:30 PM
I got the email and I'll help out too. I hope we can make number 1!

Mike029
08-17-12, 10:42 PM
I got the email and I'll help out too. I hope we can make number 1!

Thanks guys. Awesome to see you and Fogle helping on this push. :cool:

I had to edit this as I check and noticed a whole bunch more help has arrived. Thank you guys and gals. Time is limited and I hope the wus keep coming.

Mike029
08-18-12, 09:16 AM
A quick update post and a shout out to Carlos Pinho who pm'd me some additional info on the project. You can see his post and the updated news on when this project will shut down.

http://boinc.unsads.com/rsals/forum_thread.php?id=45#202

Duke of Buckingham
08-18-12, 12:08 PM
I noticed there are some new guys appearing on the forum that are not from the team.

When we click in the name we have no information only a screen saying we have not enough privileges to see the profile.

Mumps
08-18-12, 02:40 PM
*Sigh* No work to distribute for 10 hours now. And almost out of cache.
At least I made my 2.5 Mil! :)

1) Get the team a 5 Mil MM (300K, <2 days) (Check)
2) Get myself a 2.5 Mil MM (900K, ~4 days) (Check)
3) Get the team a perpetual #1 position (1.3 Mil, ~5 days)
4) Get myself a #1 perpetual position (2.3 Mil, ~9 days)
5) Get myself a 5 Mil MM (2.4 Mil, ~10 days)
6) Get the team a 10 Mil MM (4.1 Mil, ~13 days)

But, with no work left, those estimates are going to prove problematic. :)

Mad Matt
08-18-12, 03:06 PM
Just to play fair, I have to warn Mumps. I am having two cores and 90 h work loaded. <):)

Mike029
08-18-12, 03:14 PM
Just to play fair, I have to warn Mumps. I am having two cores and 90 h work loaded. <):)

=))=))

Sarge104
08-18-12, 03:39 PM
Saw the email and while on vacation with my lappy will do what I can to bump the credit...dual core Voltron Assemble!

Mumps
08-18-12, 03:39 PM

Dang it all, I knew I was supposed to increase my "extra days cache" for some reason. :)

Admittedly, I do actually have about 400 hours of worked cached, but that'll last at most another 2 hours. :)

Mike029
08-18-12, 03:47 PM
Saw the email and while on vacation with my lappy will do what I can to bump the credit...dual core Voltron Assemble!

Thanks Sarge. They are out of wus now but I'm sure they'll refill the hoppers soon.

Mad Matt
08-18-12, 04:15 PM
Admittedly, I do actually have about 400 hours of worked cached, but that'll last at most another 2 hours. :)

Now you are doomed. It's 90 hs per core. =)) Chocolate? :-"

Sarge104
08-19-12, 11:32 PM
The lappy was happy crunching the rsa all weekend, or is the NFS work different? Moved the quad over there as well.

Slicker
08-20-12, 06:11 PM
No, RSA is correct. NFS will host a new app for RSA starting in September but that will count towards NSF credit, not RSA. RSA will allow people to finish any WUs they have from the old (current) site.

artemis8
08-25-12, 11:09 PM
Looks like they are dry, haven't gotten any in a while. I didn't contribute much, but hey another program I participated it :) And congrats everyone on getting us to 2nd place.

DrPop
08-26-12, 12:19 AM
man, we could have been #1 too -- they just needed another week's worth of work! :D

Mike029
08-26-12, 11:40 AM
man, we could have been #1 too -- they just needed another week's worth of work! :D
+1

Ahh well, on to crushing another project. :o

trigggl
08-26-12, 04:47 PM

Another week and I would have made it to 100,000.