PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ya'll from Boston (I speak Southern)

Ysmene
08-10-12, 06:29 AM
I'm fairly new to crunching. Did some folding@home and did some Seti when the software was new and one WU took 4 or 5 days to crunch. (Oh the pain...:eek:) The whole BOINC is all new to me now and I've obviously got a lot to learn.

I'm a 46 year old retired accountant. (Not the evil Wall Street kind so no abuse please. Thanks! It stinks that I now no longer have any pride in my profession.) But... I do have an AMD Athlon II Quad Core so now all my processors are belong to us.

Ysmene is obviously a screen name but most everybody who knows me calls me Yaz for short. And no, I have nothing to do with that stupid birth control pill. I've been on the net for years with that nickname. I swear that stupid pharmaceutical company stole my name. Too bad I can't sue them for copyright infringement.

Well, I hope to meet ya'll on the forum. Stay cool... and remember there's no such thing as Climate Change. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Ysmene/Humor/sarcasm01.gif

Mike029
08-10-12, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the team!!! Accountants are ok in my book. I never let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. ;) Let's see Yaz from Boston, :-? I'm going to reach here and say it's short for Yastrzemski. Carl Yastrzemski. \m/ I'm from New York so you and I are going to have some fun.:p Glad you joined us and if you have any questions, just ask.

zombie67
08-10-12, 10:53 AM
Welcome!

Tips for Northerners moving South: #4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #8. Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #17. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.

Ysmene
08-10-12, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the team!!! Accountants are ok in my book. I never let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. ;) Let's see Yaz from Boston, :-? I'm going to reach here and say it's short for Yastrzemski. Carl Yastrzemski. \m/ I'm from New York so you and I are going to have some fun.:p Glad you joined us and if you have any questions, just ask.

Hey Mike,
Carl Yastrzemski! I can't believe you got that. Hardly anyone ever does. Yaz was one of my favorite players way back when. I also had a bit of a crush on Fred Lynn. New York, huh? Well, I don't hate the Yankees like I used to since we broke the curse. The Red Sox seem to have found a new curse this year though. Don't you dare tease me about them this year. They really stink. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Ysmene/Humor/banghead01.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

Duke of Buckingham
08-10-12, 11:33 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aDycNiEqnG4/UBEVIJhJ_PI/AAAAAAAAF3E/cqGbJpllo5E/s640/welcome.jpg

Duke

Mike029
08-10-12, 04:14 PM
Hey Mike,
Carl Yastrzemski! I can't believe you got that. Hardly anyone ever does. Yaz was one of my favorite players way back when. I also had a bit of a crush on Fred Lynn. New York, huh? Well, I don't hate the Yankees like I used to since we broke the curse. The Red Sox seem to have found a new curse this year though. Don't you dare tease me about them this year. They really stink. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Ysmene/Humor/banghead01.gif

Thanks for the welcome!
Most women and some men had a crush on Lynn. :p I don't kick a team when they are down. I knew it was all over for the sox when they hired Valentine. A new curse. This time from the Mets. All good fun. Real nice to have you here with us. \m/

Crazybob
08-10-12, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the team Yaz! I speak Southerner too. So if you drive by, I'll lift a finger saying hi, not like what it means up here in the north.:) I'm near Chicago.

GregK
08-11-12, 12:32 PM
Welcome!

Tips for Northerners moving South: #4. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #8. Remember: "Y'all" is singular. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.

Tips for Northerners moving South: #17. If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" stay out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.

LMAO!!! welcome to the forum!

Fire$torm
08-11-12, 04:26 PM
Howdy!And welcome aboard. Glad you found us. Enjoy.

trigggl
08-11-12, 05:57 PM
Tip #1 for northerners moving to the south: You need tint on your car windows as dark as you can get it. Also, working AC is an absolute must.

artemis8
08-13-12, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the boards and team, glad to have you. I live in Kansas City, but my aunt lives in Boston and it's a great city. Feel free to ask any questions you have about boinc, this is a great team of helpful (and knowledgeable) folks.