PDA

View Full Version : New Member

voteEjordan
12-06-10, 06:09 PM
Hello!

I'm new to the team, been interested in SETI and distributed computing for a while now on and off (back when a P4 with HT was a big deal and before GPUs got big!).

Definitely seems like the BOINC community has changed, glad I found this team.

I'm a college student, and I crunch on some laptops. Just got an Acer w/ i3 this week, to replace an old Dell Inspiron who's LCD died. The Dell is a 2.4 Core2Duo which is now solely crunching...no need for an LCD when you got VNC! Also crunch on an Atom netbook, just for laughs. Nothing too big but I like the challenge of trying to maintain strong uptime, optimizing my systems, and dealing with the heat.

Primegrid and SETI are my favorite projects, though I want to get involved with any strategic moves the team makes.

Every little bit helps!

DrPop
12-06-10, 06:59 PM
Well, hello there, and welcome to the team as well as the Bash Bro.s! I sent a PM to a couple members asking who you were, but now I know! :D So, you're in. By the way, we'd love to have your help on the PG Challenge, less than 2 weeks away now. It's our last hurrah of the year, every bit of help will be appreciated.
Where are you going to college, if you don't mind me asking? Maybe we can get a bunch of college students interested in joining the team - you all have computers! :D:cool:
Take care and thanks for checking in!

Fire$torm
12-06-10, 08:36 PM
Hello and glad to have you on the team. Make yourself at home. And yeah, VNC is good :-bd

Spankinmonkee
12-06-10, 08:38 PM
Welcome aboard :)

trigggl
12-06-10, 09:14 PM
I'm new to the team, been interested in SETI and distributed computing for a while now on and off (back when a P4 with HT was a big deal and before GPUs got big!).
What do you mean 'was'? A P4 is one of my biggest crunchers.

Definitely seems like the BOINC community has changed, glad I found this team.
We're glad you did, too.

I'm a college student, and I crunch on some laptops. Just got an Acer w/ i3 this week, to replace an old Dell Inspiron who's LCD died. The Dell is a 2.4 Core2Duo which is now solely crunching...no need for an LCD when you got VNC! Also crunch on an Atom netbook, just for laughs. Nothing too big but I like the challenge of trying to maintain strong uptime, optimizing my systems, and dealing with the heat.
If you need someone to put linux on the Dell for you...

Primegrid and SETI are my favorite projects, though I want to get involved with any strategic moves the team makes.
Hope to see you at the next challenge!

Every little bit helps!
I resemble that remark.

Welcome to the team.

Slicker
12-07-10, 08:48 AM
If you like PG, you must love their PPS project. I have an old Xeon server earning 20,000 credits per day on nothing but PPS and that's w/o a CUDA card in it.

Teratoma
12-07-10, 09:58 AM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l280/rsl68/Seti%20USA/Alien-Welcome3.png

Crazybob
12-07-10, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the team!:)

Beerdrinker
12-07-10, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the team!!

thepossum1
12-08-10, 08:21 AM
Welcome!! Glad you made it to the board too :)

Swordfish
12-08-10, 08:38 AM
Welcome!!!