PDA

View Full Version : Donate stopped exporting stats...?

Fire$torm
08-18-12, 07:21 PM
Looks like Donate has a stats problem ---> http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=don#

Mike029
08-18-12, 07:39 PM
Looks like Donate has a stats problem ---> http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=don#

Amongst other problems like keeping their servers connected so we can run the work units. :mad:

When I hit 50 mil. I'm do with them till they fix themselves.

Mad Matt
08-19-12, 06:08 AM
I you ask me, they best should use the money for 'hijacking' some technical personnel from Folding. :D Maybe they could also help fixing the use of Nvidia on GPUGRID once they are done. :P Sigh. What for do we need more scientists who cannot get the code right? :-w

Christopher Herr
08-22-12, 12:18 PM
I you ask me, they best should use the money for 'hijacking' some technical personnel from Folding. :D Maybe they could also help fixing the use of Nvidia on GPUGRID once they are done. :P Sigh. What for do we need more scientists who cannot get the code right? :-w

Good question, Matt, or perhaps those Folding tech pros could then finally make them Spaniards stop pretending their algorithms were oh too special for AMD OpenCL to work efficiently...
In theoretical information sciences, well the few courses I indeed had to take, I was told programmers who start to blame the hardware are in almost all cases simply too stupid or too lazy to get their code right in the corresponding programming language. As soon as you use a language as capable as a Turing machine every problem can effectively be described and solved with it, and all modern programming languages are more capable than that, e.g. regarding SMT...

I do and will not run Donate, but I just wanted to add my two cents/my mustard anyway. :p

Fire$torm
08-22-12, 01:54 PM
Good point CH. It is a shame to say the least.

As for Donate's server, they finally got around to applying CPR and things are back to normal.

The Spacing Guild Mantra - "The spice must flow"