PDA

View Full Version : Hello first time Seti.USA member in Michigan, but long time cruncher

wolfgang8741
08-24-12, 08:16 PM
Hello Seti.USA community! I finally decided to stop recruiting for my own team and join an established team to see how a BOINC team behaves to see what designs may help improve the current social features (its what I focused on in my studies). Check out my profile, I filled it out so you can find me on Google+ which lists my other profiles... my personal site is under development.

If anyone wants to get in touch with the GridRepublic, Charity Engine, or Progress Thru Processors initiatives or discuss them I volunteer with them for support and consulting. I also admin the Google+ and Facebook page for BOINC and GridRepublic. I would love to discuss and receive feedback on these initiatives to see what we could do to improve and expand BOINC and its related initiatives to bring more people to volunteer computing.

I'll be taking my time to learn the norms of the community to get started on the right foot. Let the BOINC revolution continue.

Cheers,
Jon aka wolfgang8741

Mike029
08-24-12, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the team Jon. Lots of good info here. If you have any questions or need anything let us know. We have the SIMAP challenge coming up in a few short days. You are welcome to join in and crunch a worthwhile project.
Cheers,
Mike.

Crazybob
08-25-12, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard Jon! Look around and feel free to ask anything yuo want.

Fire$torm
08-25-12, 05:11 PM
Howdy and welcome. Nice to have you aboard.

F$

Duke of Buckingham
08-25-12, 05:59 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/142021889/Welcome_to_the_Team_by_EastCoastCanuck.png

Welcome to the team wolfgang8741.

artemis8
08-25-12, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the team, sounds like you're super involved in the BOINC community already, glad you've joined ours as well.
I'm in Missouri and I visited Upper Michigan once and thought it was beautiful.
I'm a long time cruncher, since 2001, but only found a team this year, sometimes it takes me a while ;)
But again, glad you're here.

Beerdrinker
08-26-12, 04:55 AM
Hello there and WELCOME to the team.

Fogle
08-26-12, 07:51 AM
Welcome aboard, It's great to have such a seasoned cruncher on the team. Thanks for joining! :D

wolfgang8741
08-26-12, 10:20 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to the discussions and future competitions.

Mike029
08-26-12, 10:29 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to the discussions and future competitions.

Sweet, we are gearing up a SIMAP challenge and your welcome to join us. \m/

This is a classic battle of good vs evil.... Well, that may be a bit over the top. :o It's just a good ole stomp for a worthwhile project. :p